*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298118-Starting-Over
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Emotional · #2298118
What happens when everything in life crumbles?
Disclaimer: I am not an expert in this field.

Remember when we were young and had a lot of dreams and ambitions? When we set a time vision that by a certain age we will do this and do that. There is nothing blocking us and stopping us. No fear, no regrets, no frustrations. With a bold and brave heart, we welcome the unknown. We cannot see the road in front of us but surely, we paid no attention to it because we are so set at a vision.

So we work so hard in order to achieve that goal. Carve out our heart and soul, present it to people. With the hope that they will like it or even take care of it. Only to find out that it is with conditions, that is there condition. So we give, but that is not enough for them, We are now caught up in the middle of things, wondering if everything is worth it or should we give up? But we are so stubborn. So we refuse to give up, but you see this makes us feel frustrated. Now this frustration becomes sadness which turns to anger which turns to sadness and the cycle repeats. But the beauty is that we are humans, we can feel our limits. So we let go. Quit everything. Say our final goodbye to our family and friends.

Another thing is at stake. That is our mental health. Tears flow as we think what went wrong and if is it really true that we deserved those pain and rejection. We just wanted to belong. Did we not do our best with our purest intentions? Worse, we kept quiet because we had no right to complain.

Tears fall.

Life will never be the same again.

We now accept that things will never be like before.

Our bed feel so cold. We close our eyes with a heavy heart.

Morning comes with nothing in mind.

What happens next?

Our only choice is to start over.

Let us first define the meaning of "start over". According to the dictionary, it is defined as "make a new beginning". Therefore with that being said, we will create something however this time with precaution, care and intent. That is the beauty of being human. We are capable of being vulnerable yet we are smart in order to protect ourselves and learn from the past.

It is very difficult, however, we are capable of making a new beginning and have a new dream. If we do not know or can create a new dream, we listen to our heart and do what makes us happy. Personally, I was traumatized to write again in the past years. For nearly a decade, I never wrote anything because every time I do I just cry. After writing my first article, I cried so much because I felt free and so I wrote another one.

I do not know what is my next plan and how to get there but I do what my heart whispers me to do and that is to write. Thank you for reading another article of mine.

Thoughts?

© Copyright 2023 WritingCoffeeBear (coffeebear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298118-Starting-Over