*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298131-Cryptic-Message-on-my-Phone
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Paranormal · #2298131
Cryptic Message on my Phone Encounter with the Grim Reaper

Cryptic Message on my Phone


For Writers cramp Writing com
631 words
June 20, 2023


A cryptic message on my phone, popped up at midnight

It read

“Your time is nearly up. Drink up and be prepared to learn your fate
Today is your judgement date. Mr. Black will meet you and escort you to Limbo
Where you will meet with Mr. GR.”

I looked up from my drink at the infamous Cosmos Club in Soi Cowboy
And saw a headless man wearing a black suit looking at me. He beckoned me over.

“ Sam Adams your final status determination date is today. You will come with me.”
,
Intrigued, I him went with outside and got on his black Harley motorbike and soon found myself in a crowded hallway way in a huge building - and I knew I was off planet somewhere and asked

“where the hell am I?

“Limbo land. Wait here, until your name is called.”

“ Sure. Whatever.”

Mr. Black grunted

“Gots to run, schedule to keep. Good luck, dude.”

I wandered about the hall teaming with people and creatures from all over the universe. Many had universal translation device witch watches which were for sale. I bought one and paid for it with US Dollars. They seem to take all known currency but not credit cards. There were what appeared to be ATM’s everywhere, and personal computers and phones for sale as well.

There was a huge signboard which flashed names in multiple languages including English as there were quite a few Earth People milling around.
.:
The sign board also featured this warning

Welcome to Limbo. Wait your turn. Everything you ever said or did will be held against you. Abandon Hope all who enter here. Judgement is final and swift.

My name was called and I went up to the desk and addressed the Grim Reaper, Mr. GR as he liked to call himself.

The GR was a giant humanoid dressed in a black suit which matched his black features He wore cool sunglass, and was looking at a computer screen

The Grim Reaper looked up from the list.

Barked out,

“You name?”

“Sam Adams, Sir.”

“DOB? 10-29-1955”

“POB: Oakland, California”

“Hmm, there seems to be some sort of mistake. These things happen. Hard to get good tech support in Limbo. Well, it seems that they made a mistake. You are not due here for another five years. So I can send you back or you can wait here for your turn. What’s will it be?’

“Can I go back to my life?”

“yeah, but only for five years.

My advice to you is to get your act together, quit drinking your life away. Invest in biomedical tech stocks and do the right thing. Mary your girlfriend and make her happy. If you do these things perhaps you will avoid going downstairs. But what do I know? Then you will be back for judgement day. You all need to meet your creator on judgement day, that’s the date you learn your fate, whether it will be hell or heaven is not up to me to decide. Afraid that’ is beyond my pay grade, beyond my jurisdiction so to speak as I am just the grim reaper who is supposed to lead the dead on to their next life.

Are you ready to return?’

“Sure.”

I found myself back at home and went down the street and had another drink at the Cosmos Bar, I called my girlfriend up and proposed.

then I looked at his phone and saw a note

Reminder, your final status adjudication date is set for five years. Make the most of your second chance, my friend.

Your friend,

GR.”

Just another Friday night in paradise he thought.

For WC Writer’s Cramp June 20 2023

Start your poem or story with the following - bold it for tomorrow's judge:

A cryptic message on my phone.



© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298131-Cryptic-Message-on-my-Phone