*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298562-Hot
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #2298562
It's hot today

1) Inside a house

It's hot. SOOO hot. I'm sweating. I stare madly over my hot cup of tea and growl as my children walk into the temp office.


2) Inside the launderette


I sit in the heat, watching the washing spin in soapy bubbles. It's very hot. The man sitting outside the launderette is talking to two beautiful African women. He seems to be enjoying the heat. He is laughing and talking loudly. I sit and sweat and look out the window. I catch the eye of the woman standing on the left. She momentarily acknowledges me, or did I imagine that? When I double-check check she's gone, the man looks up at me as I struggle past carrying two heavy bags of laundry. Boy, it's hot today.


3) Inside Pret

I'm hot and thirsty. I walk into Pret and take a quick look at the menu; Ice coffee is just what I think to myself. I approach the counter; there's a beige-coloured cap. Sweat is dripping down his forehead. I ask the man behind the counter for an Iced Latte. "I'm really sorry, but we're out of ice", he explains. How, I think to myself, how can you be out of ice? He answers the question for me, "We've had a lot of customers after Iced coffee today, sorry"; like that, the mystery is over. It's not surprising, really; it's so damn hot.




© Copyright 2023 Catinahat (catinahat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298562-Hot