*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298643-RAIN
by Naomi
Rated: E · Documentary · Music · #2298643
One of my Favorite Songs that I love to sing
I love to sing. I always do. When I was a part of the Corporate World for more than three decades, I was always the host in the company programs, either big or small event.

One program and the guest speaker excused as she needs to go to the Ladies Room right away, I was to find a way on how to hold on my audience for her delay. So , I made an Adlib.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is raining so heavily outside. This reminds me of one of my favorite songs and it has a title "Rain"...To have a short break of this program tonight, I wish to sing this song. Anybody know this song?
The managers raised their hands. And yelled " Yes ! Please sing it "...

I made a short or a quick bow then said : " You may sing with me "..
They gave me a warm applause. I sang it with all my heart and soul with matching tears as I felt every word.
Nobody sang with me. It was in complete silence and when I finished singing, the managers came forward to the stage and hugged me. I received a thunderous applause.
I can never forget those moments when the Vice- Chairman said :
" I am sorry , I need to go to the Ladies Room before I make my speech, but why is everyone crying. Is there something wrong with Naomi. Is she not feeling well. ? ." The crowd did not reply but made another round of applause and yelled my name "
Naomi " Naomi ! We love You."
Then the Chairman told her why everyone was crying. She said : " I can understand, Naomi always sings with feelings that is why I like her. She is very effective in her work too. She is my model employee. " Another round of applause, then she started her very long speech about the added benefits for the company's employees as she was the one in charge of Budget and Finance.

Back to the song RAIN...I am going to write here the lyrics of this song. I do not know who wrote this but it was very popular in my younger days and I love the tune especially upon reaching the highest notes that I freely give my all in singing.
Here it is :
1

"Rain gently falls whenever we say goodbye
Knowing that we are both out of sight
Rain follows me even in my bed
And rain is the tear that I shed.

Refrain :
There'll be no sunshine in my life
Until you say you're mine all mine
There'll be no summer, spring or fall
Each day is like winter time
But I can never say I care
I know it won't be smart
Somebody owns your heart
In can never be mine.

2
So it rains when you're near
Knowing we can't even touch
Rain knows that I love you so much
But I know that my love will only cause
You pain, so I rather live with the rain.

Repeat Refrain and 2...

Now, that you know the story behind the song, possibly you can understand why we all cried at that particular night.
Rain is such a very beautiful sad song that I truly love to sing.

Happy Singing and
Happy Writing Everyone !

© Copyright 2023 Naomi (akomagsusulat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298643-RAIN