*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298886-SpaceHorror-Near-Death-Again
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2298886
There was only one DeathBringer. He had about fifty Minownian adults to not feed upon.

SpaceHorrors:
“Near Death Again”


     A Minownian male started screaming even before that DeathBringer placed the palm of his right hand on his chest to paralyze him from his shoulders down. That male was as stiff as a tree. His screaming came out of his moveable head and was the only thing coming out of that Minownian.

     The DeathBringer pulled his right palm back a little from that chest. He placed his left-hand parallel with his right hand. Only that one was about two inches from his back. A thin clear tube came out of both palms to attach itself to that Minownian.

     Except for the screaming that was getting louder, nothing happened for several minutes. Then a light green liquid started flowing through the tube from that Minownian to the palms of that DeathBringer. The liquid changed color every few minutes.

     That DeathBringer straightened up just like his victim. He closed his eyes. The one between those eyes on his forehead closed to a small smiling slit. All three of his other eyes on each side and the back of his head were already smiling slits on his bald head. When the color of the liquid changed so did the normally pale white skin of the DeathBringer to change to that color.

     Suddenly, the DeathBringer stopped what he was doing. He started to walk away from that weak, tired, but still alive victim. The other Minownian adults there stepped out of the way as he passed them.

##

     Quickly, an adult female slapped the top of a large image monitor to turn it off as a young female around ten or eleven entered that residence. The outstretched palm of her right hand shielded her eyes. “Just came in to get something to eat.”

     “Don’t worry, I can’t see what you are doing. I know you are doing adult stuff.”

     “We aren’t doing adult stuff. Why didn’t you come in the side entrance near Food Preparation and the Eating Area?” The female adult asked.

     The Young One stopped walking. She didn’t look at the fifteen adults there. “I didn’t want to scare you. Didn’t want you to think I was a DeathBringer.”

     “What do you know about DeathBringers? Whatever it is, you are too young to know about them.”

     “We know all about them. What they do. That’s what I meant by adult stuff when I first came in here. We also know not to be anywhere near them when they are around us.”

     That female adult returned to the other fourteen adults sitting in front of a large Image Monitor. “After you get something to eat, please leave through the side entrance.”

     “I was going to do that anyway.” The Young One left that Living Area.

     After the Young One left, the adult padded the top of the Image Monitor once. The Image Monitor turned itself back on, and the same Public Speaker was there. Only now he was standing next to what was left of a Minownian disaster.

~~Image #2296110 Sharing Restricted~~


##

     Thornim looked down at the Minownian disaster several thousand feet from him. He tapped a small button from an identical column on the left side of his upper clothing. “We still don’t know what happened here.”

     “All we do know so far is that there was an explosion, and this is what is left of it. It may have been caused by a DeathBringer to control about forty adults and fifteen Young Ones, but we don’t know this yet.”

     “We also don’t know what is going on down there. Are the adults still alive or has this DeathBringer already killed all of them?”

     Thornim got into a kneeling position and patted the top of a small Metal Round Device. White lights appeared all around it. Flickering randomly. It started rising up as Thornim stood up. “We know the Young Ones are going to be okay because DeathBringers don’t kill Young Ones.”

     “That’s the only good thing about DeathBringers. They are good about them not seeing what they do to the adults too. Speaking of adults, we are about to see if any of them are still alive.”

     The small Metal Round Device headed toward where this Minownian disaster was. Thornim watched its progress on a small monitor floating beside him. A few minutes later it was hidden above what appeared to be forty adults. All are still alive, but most of them barely. “That’s strange. I’m happy they are, but why are they alive?”

##

     “As you can see, the adults down there don’t look too well.” Thornim started touching his small monitor. Wherever he tapped once was where the Metal Round Device went.

     “I haven’t seen the DeathBringer yet. Haven’t seen the fifteen Young Ones either. The adults probably sealed them in another area of this place.”

     Using the Metal Round Device, Thornim probed the rest of that place. “Still haven’t found the Young Ones, but I know they are there somewhere.”

     “Haven’t seen the DeathBringer either, but I’m looking for him too.” Suddenly, the Metal Round Device stopped and hid again. Peeking around some fallen pieces of that place, Thornim could see the DeathBringer.

     The DeathBringer was just walking around aimlessly. Thornim got a closer look at him using the Metal Round Device. It appeared that DeathBringer was very dazed and confused. “I think there is something seriously wrong with this DeathBringer.”

     Thornim looked around his monitor to see about seventy armed Minownians with small and long weapons surrounding the place below him. They got to one knee on the surface of Minown and checked their weapons. “Our Defenders appear to be ready to enter this place.”

     “I don’t think they can help the adults. They may be able to help the Young Ones, though.” Thornim returned to looking at his monitor. The Metal Round Device went back to where the adults were. He notices where they kept looking. “I think I know where the Young Ones are. “I think I have found the Young Ones.

##

     After contacting the Defenders below, Thornim started watching the DeathBringer again. While Thornim watched the DeathBringer kill one of the other adults, the Defenders got into position to help the fifteen Young Ones to get out of there.

     Thornim kept turning his head away from watching the DeathBringer kill that adult, but not completely. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see what the DeathBringer was doing, but he could barely see it. It was kind of blurry. So, he couldn’t see what was happening too well.

     What Thornim tried not to see was a DeathBringer liquifying the insides of his latest victim and sucking them out through those no longer clear tubes attached to the palms of the DeathBringer. A bluish-red liquid was coming through them right now. Now a light-yellow liquid was coming into them.

     “I don’t think this adult is going to be alive too much longer.” Thornim kept his left eye on the DeathBringer and his latest victim barely. The adult female stopped her screaming. Now the same-colored liquid that was coming through those tubes was coming out of her other holes too.

     Just then an explosion came from the other side of where the DeathBringer was. The DeathBringer stopped the liquidation of his latest victim and started running toward where that explosion happened. His latest victim just stood there, paralyzed. Thornim sends the Metal Round Device after the DeathBringer.

####

     Most of the Defenders started using their long weapons against the DeathBringer when he showed up there. They weren’t trying to kill him yet. Just push him away so the fifteen Young Ones could leave that place. Each Young One had a Defender beside them. Blocking their view of the DeathBringer. Holding their heads down so they couldn’t see that DeathBringer.

     After the Young Ones were away, the Defenders stopped using their weapons against that DeathBringer. They instead followed the other Defenders. A few kept their eyes on the DeathBringer, but he returned to the forty adults. Several minutes later the Defenders and the fifteen Young Ones were with Thornim. Thornim was already asking them questions.

     “Is everyone okay?” They were weak, tired, and scared, but they all managed to nod their heads yes.

     “I know you have been a lot today, but can I ask you a few questions.” They slowly nodded their heads ‘yes’ or shrugged their shoulders.

     The leader of the Defenders got between Thornim and the Young Ones. “I know you are only trying to tell Minown what happened here, but do you need to do it now? I think it’s best if they get their health checked first.”

     One of the older Young Ones about sixteen got up on his shaky legs. “We discussed it after our parents sealed us in that area, and we want to help you if we can do it, but we don’t know too much about what happened here.”249

##

     A female around thirteen pointed at the small monitor behind Thornim. “Is that a DeathBringer?”

     Quickly, Thornim stepped in front of that monitor. “Is he about to feed on one of our parents?” Asked a male Young One around eighteen.

     “DeathBringers don’t feed off their victims. That’s just what most individuals think.”

     “I shouldn’t be telling you this because you are Young Ones, but after what you have been through today, I think you have the right to know what is going on.” Thornim sat down among the Young Ones.

     The leader of the Defenders leaned over to talk softly to Thornim. “I don’t think you should be doing this.”

     Thornim didn’t talk softly. “I do. I’m not one of those Minownians who think we should lie about who the DeathBringers are. They already know a lot about them. I agree they shouldn’t be seeing what they do, but most know it anyway. Except for the feeding part.”

     “DeathBringers were created almost fourteen thousand years ago to end a war, but something went wrong. They spread throughout the universe and started liquifying adults before they took away their liquids. That happened for about three thousand years. Then for some unknown reason, they stopped doing it.”

     “Most think they were done feeding. That’s not true. They haven’t been feeding. They’re killers, and that is what they have been doing. No one knows why, but they are back. They weren’t created to feed. DeathBringers were created to kill, and that’s what they are doing again.

##

     Thornim was watching the forty adults again via the Metal Round Device. He could see they looked a whole lot worse than they did a few hours ago when they got their Young Ones away from that DeathBringer. “What is wrong with this DeathBringer?”

     “I’m happy that they are still alive, but the Public Speaker in me wants to know why this DeathBringer has been nearly killing these adults for almost twenty hours. It looks like he’s about to kill one. Then he lets them go.”

     “I have never seen or heard of anything like this happening before. Why is he doing it like this?”

     Thornim picked up a small Hand Monitor on top of his long Monitor. He tapped a few buttons on it. It brought the two images he was looking for. “Just what I thought. Two of the forty are missing. They are the parents of one of the Young Ones.”

     “Why has this DeathBringer taken these adults? Is he mentally talking to them about their Young One? What is his entrance in her?”

     “Maybe this is why he hasn’t killed any of them yet. This DeathBringer may have done this just to get to that Young One or her parents.”

     Thornim sends the Metal Round Device to find that DeathBringer. It did it very quickly. The DeathBringer did have the parents of that Young One, but it didn’t appear that he was trying to kill them. What it looked like to him was they were verbally talking to each other.”

##

     “I can think of only one way to find out who this DeathBringer is and why he has done this, and that is to contact him directly. At first, he was against it, but then he changed his mind. I don’t know yet if this a big mistake or not.”

     “We agreed where we were going to meet. I got there a few hours early to get ready for our meeting. He didn’t come alone. This DeathBringer came with the parents of the Young One. He has done all this to get to her, or was it them, or both them and her?”

     The DeathBringer selected the place to meet. It was at the Minownian disaster he caused, but it wasn’t where the forty adults and fifteen Young Ones were. “Why he selected this place I don’t know. If it didn’t come up in our talk, I would ask him.”

     “I didn’t come alone either. Knew there was a very good chance I would become a victim too. Wanted to let all of Minown know what had been happening here and why. So, I brought my Metal Round Device with me.”

     “If anything goes wrong, and I do become a victim too, I want all of Minown to know about it. The DeathBringer isn’t here yet, but I can see them coming. This will all be over with one way or another really soon.” That’s why the Metal Round Device is here. So, everyone can see what might happen to them.”

##

     Under the circumstances, Thornim didn’t want to get too close to this DeathBringer. So, he stayed as far away as he could and still be heard. “Why have you caused this Minownian disaster?”

     The DeathBringer had the parents of the Young One in front of him. One hand on each shoulder. When he spoke, it came out of one of them. “You want to know why I have done this? It’s because of a piece of me.”

     This DeathBringer looked at the female parent. “She may be human, but she’s not from this planet. When she found out what I was, she left me. She took a piece of me with her?”

     “When she got here, she changed her appearance. I knew she was one of the seventeen females here, but not which one. So, I started trying to get them to tell me, but they didn’t do it.”

     “I was about to start killing them. Sooner or later, they would have told me who she was. That’s when you contacted me about this meeting.”

     The DeathBringer looked at the Metal Round Device. “All I want is my piece of me, and I will leave this planet.”

     “Doubt that’s going to happen.” Thornim stayed behind some fallen pieces of that place.

     “I might as well start killing you now, and I’m going to start with you.” One second the DeathBringer was on the other side of that place. The next he was standing beside Thornim. Placing a palm on his chest to paralyze him. He started killing him. Thornim started screaming.

Word Count = 2,495

© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298886-SpaceHorror-Near-Death-Again