*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299159-The-World-Ended-That-Day
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #2299159
David doesn’t think he has a long life ahead.


The World Ended That Day
By
Paul Forster


“You’ve got to help me, Steve, I’m dead if you don’t.”

“What’re you talking about? What could possibly happen on this day before we celebrate the birthday of our country!”

“What? What’re you talking about, you sound like some dump politician running for office? This is serious, Steve, I’m dead, my body just doesn’t know it yet.”

“Again, David, what the hell are you talking about?”

“Cynthia, she’s going to delete me from reality after what I did. She already kind of promised she’d do it if I ever did that again. I did, now, I’m dead and don’t have the sense to lie down.”

“Okay, David, once again; WHAT…DID…YOU…DO? Or you could just lie down and play dead. I’m going to Wendy’s to get a burger and a shake.”

“WAIT! I took over her story and put me in it.”

“What? What did you do?”

“She was telling about something that happened to her and I told her if a similar experience I’d had.”

“For that she’s going to eliminate you? Doesn’t make sense.”

“She was a civil rights lawyer for twenty years in east Texas and says she had to put up with her conversations being hijacked by some man for years and will NOT tolerate it any more.”

“It’s not the end of the world, David, you just think it is. Relax, she’ll get over it.”

“No, she won’t, I’m hosed for the rest of my life!”

“Get over it, I’m going to Wendy’s, you have a good death. See you later.”

“Wait! I love Wendy’s shakes. Their burgers are great too. Let’s go.”

“What about dying?”

“I’ll do that later.”

“You’re as crazy as her.”


© Copyright 2023 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299159-The-World-Ended-That-Day