*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299164-No-Way-That-Cant-Be-Legal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2299164
Even when you do everything right they reject you.
“It’s not the end of the world. I've been fired more than once from a job. Of course it was from a job I didn't really want to start with."

"That's great for you, but I really liked this job and I thought I was doing great, right up until the boss called me into the office and said you're fired!"

"Did he explain why you were fired?"

"He did, said the other employees had complained about me."

“That's weird. You're like one of the nicest people I know. It just doesn't make any sense."

“Well get this, everyone I work with is a Republican and I mean deep rooted Trump card carrying Republican. I guess when they found out that I was a Democrat I was somehow going to upset the whole dynamics of their tight knit group. That I was a cancer that had to be removed."

"No way. That can't be legal."

"Well according to University of Michigan Law School Professor Emeritus Theodore St. Antoine he says the U.S. is the only industrialized democracy where private employers don't need a just cause to fire their non-unionized employees. "An employer, for example, can fire an employee because he doesn't like his political beliefs, which is shocking."

"I may never work there again. I mean how could I work with people that are so closed minded and scared of anyone that has a different opinion. They think my working there will poison their minds and an original thought might occur to them, but I can and will show the world, what they are really like. I have an appointment with a reporter on Monday. Their mistake is that this is a deeply rooted Democratic state. Once word gets out, the people will decide the fate of the company democratically."
© Copyright 2023 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299164-No-Way-That-Cant-Be-Legal