*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299376-Deliah-at-the-Laderachs
Rated: E · Fiction · Cultural · #2299376
a flash fiction
Deliah Amis an English woman, lived near a train station in the city of Burrow, a small city in northern England; it's been liked this since she had left her parents in her twenties. She lived near a blue cash dispenser with blue buildings of transparent glass windows. She had secretly settled in one of the buildings and had brought her belongings there, a mattress, a blanket, a pink rug, a few books, a mini fridge, a small TV, small radio, she had covered the walls with posters of what she had learned to paint while doing her degree in Plastic art. She loved dolls house 's interiors, mermaids and butterflies. She was almost forty now, still she had kept the habits of listening to her old bands, she enjoyed "the Beatles and singer "Steven Wilson». She loved classical Slavic music too, she had a small electronic piano on which she played Bartok's Romanian folk dances, a little of Balakirev, Menuhin or Chopin. A little of Rachmaninov's etudes Tableaux to which her favorite pianist and soloist was Nikolai Lugansky. Deliah was average tall, slim with blond tousled hair and blue eyed quite pretty and self-confident.What was she doing for a living ? Well fortunately there was a small city high school not far from the station of above three hundred students and she had been teaching them English, Russian and Polish, French, German and Swiss German and a little Irish and physics for fifteen years now.
Her parents were Abigael Amis, an Anglo- Irish and Scandinavian woman, and Peter Strogoffksy, A British man of Swiss, Polish and Russian origins. As a matter her fact mister Strogoffsky had been a physicist and too was his wife. Although she was quite bright in science, Deliah had never wanted to make a carrier out of it, she had favored Arts and Letters and it had become a point of disagreement with her father and this was one of the reasons she had left her home abruptly at twenty-one.She knew that a rich uncle of hers: Earl Glowsky -Laderach, a man of Swiss and Polish forbears who owned a mansion in the outskirts of Burrow. A very beautiful home of his.Earl Glowsky – Laderach, James Glowsky Laderach was indeed the son of Peter Strogoffsky ‘s great uncle, the brother of Peter Strogoffky’s maternal grandmother Leah Glowsky-Laderach, A Jewish countess of Polish and Swiss origins born in London. She owned huge mansions in Burrows.fairylike types surrounded with a botanical garden, others were in the moors or along the sea. Sometimes Deliah had gone along the shore and had stayed in the Laderach’s for days, enjoying watching the sea swaying and rustling with light rain and thunder and the light house, not far away. She would listen to Eileen Ivers and John wheelan’s” trip to the skye” and Joannie Madden’s “whistle in the wind” while painting portrait of Wiliam Butler Yeats or would paint copies of Wiliam Turner’s painting or paintings of rural Ireland.
One day she walked along the beach and saw a tall man with dark hair and thick brows, dark eyes piercing at her, it was earl Laderach, James Glowsky Laderach, who looked a little like W.B Yeats, a writer Deliah liked very much. James told her she could stay a whole month in their house if she wanted to. James was married to Josephine Killarney, an Irish woman with dark red hair and beautiful soft brown eyes, wearing red all the time like in Deliah ‘s painted copies of Roderick O’Connor and others. She came to know Josephine more and more and she came to realize she liked her very much and was very happy to be with them, she decided to stay.Her cousins looked like little angels, Ninoshka was all blond and curly and so was little Max. All would play together along the beach enjoing their time .




© Copyright 2023 Aurélie Asseo (lily1988b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299376-Deliah-at-the-Laderachs