*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299829-Do-All-Paths-Lead-To-God---Conclusion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #2299829
Having compared the religions of the world, we have an answer

So far in this series of articles, we have seen that the major religions of the world disagree on major points of faith. This alone suggests that not all paths can lead to God. Would God deliberately inspire many different truths which contradict each other? Would God want people to disagree with each other – often fiercely, and even fight over religion? Surely, God would want to unite people, and there would only be one truth? Why then do the religions disagree with each other so strongly, and often violently? More importantly, do all religious writings themselves agree that “All paths lead to God?”

If just one of the religious writings of the world did not agree with the above statement, then it would invalidate the claim that all religions lead to God. Do any of them say this? Yes, they do. Before I reveal which one rejects the idea of all paths leading to God, there is one more question that needs answering. Of the religious writings we have considered – Can they all be trusted? Are they all from God? How could we tell? Mankind have deep-seated moral standards - “truths” which we cherish. Mankind is also in general agreement that God must be good. If a book is supposed to come from God, it should contain internal evidence that shows this, and it should be free from lies, myths, unscientific statements, and it should encourage good behaviour, not bad. It should also be consistent, without contradictions or hypocrisy. Also, we would expect it to contain undeniable evidence that God inspired it. Do any of the books we have looked at meet this list of divine requirements?

Of the religious writings we have considered, there is one which differs from all the others significantly. The Bible - the oldest and most widely circulated book in history – stands out as unique among all ancient writings. Jesus himself called the Bible “Your word” (meaning God's word). He also said that the Bible is “truth.” The Bible further tells us that “God is love” - not hate. The Bible warns anyone who wants to follow God - “If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.” Jesus commanded people to “Love your enemy, and pray for those that persecute you.”

On scientific, historical, and factual matters, the Bible stands alone because there are no myths, lies, fake histories or persons in it. Time and again, the Bible has been proven accurate by history and archaeology. Furthermore the Bible writers, unlike most other ancient writers were painfully honest – even recording their own failures and embarrassments.

On scientific and medical matters, not only does the Bible contain no unscientific or bad medical statements, but it actually contains scientific and medical information that was millennia ahead of it's time, and which have only been confirmed by scientists and doctors within the last hundred years. A physician even observed: “Many superstitions are still believed by large numbers of people such as, that a buckeye in the pocket will prevent rheumatism; that handling toads will cause warts; that wearing red flannel around the neck will cure a sore throat,” and others. Yet he explained: “No such statements are found in the Bible. This in itself is remarkable.”

But the most amazing feature, which is unique to the Bible, is “Prophecy” - history written in advance. There are numerous prophecies recorded in the Bible which have been fulfilled in incredible detail. The Bible explains how this is done - “For prophecy was at no time brought by man's will, but men spoke from God, as they were moved by holy spirit.“

Added to all this, the Bible contains wisdom that is timeless, effective, and has improved millions of peoples lives, and saved countless people from despair and disaster.

So the Bible alone passes the test of divine authorship. What then does it say about all religions being acceptable to God? The Bible not only disagrees with other religions about God's name, personality, purposes, suffering, and the future, but it also categorically states that all religions do not lead to God. In the Bible accounts, it tells us that, when the Israelites left Egypt, they decided to hold a special day of celebrations, and they dedicated it to God, calling it a “Festival to Jehovah.” God was not pleased with this mixing of his worship with other forms of worship, and he held the nation accountable for this error. Now, consider the following Biblical quotes;

“Broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.” - (Matthew 7.13,14)

“For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.” - (1 Corinthians 8.5,6).

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness” - Matthew 7.21-23).

“The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (Satan) – (1 John 5.19).

“For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform signs and wonders to lead astray” - (Mark 13.22).

So, in conclusion, not only is it not reasonable or logical to say that all paths lead to God, but, the Bible itself denies this, and warns about false religions in the world. Knowing this, it becomes essential for all sincere believers to make sure that what they believe, and do, is acceptable to God, according to his written word – the Bible.

© Copyright 2023 Moomintroll (hemmullenn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299829-Do-All-Paths-Lead-To-God---Conclusion