*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299930-The-Past
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2299930
The past catches up with him.
"This is the last straw.”

“I know, I’ve been meaning to get more.”

“No, I’m not talking about that. Have you read this letter?”

“You know I don’t read your mail.”

“Okay, okay, but read this.”

Liz came closer and took the letter Jacob handed to her. She slowly read it, and then read it again to make sure she read it correctly. Then she said, “this is probably a scam, why would anyone think you would fall for a trick like this. Just ignore it.”

Jacob was quick to agree, but thought back to his days in Seminary and remembered what he had done back then to get some extra cash. When Liz left the room, he tucked the letter away in his back pocket.

Days passed and Liz forgot all about the letter, but one afternoon he kissed his wife and lied to her for the first time in 15 years, he told her he was going to his office to catch up on some work, but he wasn’t.

He parked his car and went inside Dean’s Diner, he sat down in the corner booth. Adjusted his tie and waited. In a few minutes he heard the door open. He sat up straight, and as soon as he walked in he knew it was true. Jacob stood up and said, “I don’t need a DNA test to tell me you’re my son.”

Jacob no longer felt shame for donating his sperm to a sperm bank. He was glad for the opportunity to get to know his son. He knew he would have to tell Liz, but for now, he just wanted to get to know this person who looked like a younger version of himself.
© Copyright 2023 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299930-The-Past