*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299962-the-visionary-of-demise
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2299962
(a slight old-ish work...) never trust a deity with a hero complex to 'save the world' :P
malaika was a hero in people's eyes. their blessings brought their town prosperity, a remembrance in their world. scriptures carved by the hands of the intelligent tell the story of them and the alligator, how they slashed their hands and left them immobilized in the wicked gem cave, kissing the dry grass back to lavish greens, and the sick back to their youth. some even offered their daughters as consorts, wishing to continue a powerful bloodline with the demigod.

but malaika only had one goal: to open the eternal prison of knud's.

"your--your people," the alligator coughed out, the scales turning a boney pale, slow breathing that went harsh against the cold interior. his arms were useless, cut off, disintegrated, and eaten, having little ways to stop the 4-armed boy, "they will...they'll kill you--for this.."

"i am bringing them unpredictable power."

"you speak of nonsense! have you read nothing about knud?" he hissed, eyes dilated, "you...y--"

"quiet, you." malaika glared, before bringing his attention back to the stone wall. despite the seemingly normal jaggedness of rocks, an observant person could tell there's unnatural cracks that dance along every crevice and tip, almost enclosed on purpose. gravel and a hint of gold crumble between their fingers, the demigod took a deep breath in and out, prepared.

"kiumbe kuzima." they spoke, eyes turning to the near-dead reptile, who opted to lay on the floor instead of leaning against a wall, "i had a vision."

with no response from the alligator, malaika continued, "i had a vision that somebody would come here, and open his prison. release a world of chaos and ill to something i spent years perfecting. a thousand years will pass, my descendants will diminish as this curse of a being lives on, multiplying and manipulating the young and vulnerable to follow it's ways of destruction. he will kill every last one of them. every last one of us. i have to defeat him. even if i die."

"you...tch.....you mo..ron...." the alligator weakly said, coughing up blood. "are y-you unaware....that maybe you'll be the one to cause a-all this..mes...s... look at you. standing few inches away from your doom. everybody's d-doom...

you'll be the cause of it all. whether or not...it's remembered...do you want that in your conscious, boy--?"

silence.

his head rolls a few inches away. not even a glance's worth to the deity.

a hand is placed on the wall, the sky turns a grizzly dark in a finger's snap, the stars are gone. the cracks slowly start to form as the wall started to form intricate patterns and glow a royal purple, malaika...thinks. thinks about what they're doing, for once. would it be worth it? is it really what their vision speaks of?

the large egg in the middle of the stone floor, cracks peeking out as dark magic answers the question for them.
© Copyright 2023 chatter (cowpokekisser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299962-the-visionary-of-demise