*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300577-My-Sweet-Miranda
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dave
Rated: ASR · Monologue · Romance/Love · #2300577
swept a cloudy day away.
On a cloudy day in May, I met the woman I love at a cattle auction in Dallas, Texas. The brightness of her smile made those clouds disappear, as we chatted about the animals. Then, we had lunch at Taco Bell, and the love train began rolling down the track.

One morning, on her way to work, the love of my life met a tragic ending, when the driver of a U-Haul van ran a red light and crashed into her royal blue Honda Accord.

He tried to escape, but the police caught him about a block away. Locked inside the truck, they found a group of migrants huddling together.

My poor, sweet Miranda lost her precious life on another cloudy day in May, because the drug cartel convinced fifteen refugees that they could find a better life in the United States of America for the price of ten thousand dollars each. Her future was just caught up in the rolling of the dice.
© Copyright 2023 Dave (drschneider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300577-My-Sweet-Miranda