*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/230105-Dreaming
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Romance/Love · #230105
This is a love story that requires you to think. Enjoy!
Luc couldn't sleep. He had lain awake for hours, although he knew it could not possibly have been such a long time. Beside him, Natalie slept an almost merciless sleep, for she would suddenly moan or whimper. When she did, Luc would wrap his arms around her frail body, and hold her close. Kissing her while she clung to him.

Luc slipped his arm out from underneath Natalie's body and carefully stretched it out and winced as his muscles protested the movement. Luc let his mind wander, and he he thought about Natalie's smile as she enjoyed a happy moment, although she rarely smiled. I will change that, he thought, soon you will smile again, I promise you. With that resolution in his mind, he drifted into a dreamless sleep.

It felt like only a few seconds had passed when Natalie's restless sleep once again woke him. She was whimpering, once again her dreams were taunting her, for Luc could hear her quietly pleading to be left alone. Luc gently moved closer to her and gently kissed her on the cheek as he slipped his arms around her. "I will be here for you Natalie. Rest easy, I will protect you." With those words, Natalie calmed down, and fell into a calm sleep.

Luc was woken by Natalie snuggling up closer to him. He looked into her gray eyes and he saw all of the thanks he could ever recieve mirrored in them. Natalie smiled, and suddenly Luc was filled with joy. he wanted to speak, but couldn't, so he smiled back. Natalie's eyes sparkled and she pulled herself ever closer to him. He responded in kind, letting her fill his mind with passion. Natalie kissed his nose before she lowered her head, closed her eyes and slept. Luciano gently kissed her forehead and fllowed suit, his mind a whirlpool of emotion.

Morning was a stab in the eyes for Luc, but he forced them open. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he gently pulled his arm from under Natalie. He decided that he would let her sleep for a while longer, for she had not slept this soundly in all of the time that he had been taking care of her. Luc smiled "I will never leave your side" he whispered.
© Copyright 2001 JP Brady (ruphusii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/230105-Dreaming