*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301504-Ignorance-is-Damnation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2301504
Chronicles of Tyrak / #002 / Christina, Sarah
(original 2007, edits 2023, wip, w/M J Wilson)

IGNORANCE IS DAMNATION


At a small round table inside a crowded tavern sit two lone figures, the first clad entirely in black, a long finely woven dress complimented by her wide brimmed hat, sitting low upon her head casts a shadow over all but her soft, inviting smile. The second figure is breath-taking to look upon. Her long red hair tied neatly in a tail hangs forward over her shoulder, golden streaks flash through it catching the light from the flickering tavern lanterns. Her pale blue eyes and innocent smile give her an almost angelic appearance.
The bustling atmosphere of the tavern almost belittling the two women lost deep in conversation, rowdy and intoxicated male patrons ogling them as they speak quietly to one another.

The two women rise from their seats, the assortment of drunken men turning their heads for a glimpse at the almost perfect figures both women possess, finely detailed by their close fitting attire. Shuffling passed the crowd, the pair exit the tavern moving down the partially lit cobblestone path and around the first corner they met. The sound of echoing boots is heard on the wind as the two move at a steady pace, idly chatting as they walk. As they round a second corner, a dark coach, golden trimmed and drawn by two barely visible black horses comes in to view. The two figures continue to walk, advancing towards the coach. A dark and powerful looking figure can be seen opening the cabin door. Soft and innocent inquiries can be heard from the red haired woman as they near the carriage, the figure once standing proud, now kneeling before the two as they approach. The two women step in to the cabin, aided by a gloved hand reaching out from within.

* * *


Clapping hoofs are heard upon the cobblestone path, and a conversation, difficult to follow comes from within the coach as it is pulled away down the street by it's magnificent steeds. A soothing voice speaks softly from a seemingly empty corner of the cabin. "We have heard much of your magical abilities Sarah. My beautiful bride here, tells me she has had the privilege on a number of occasions to witness your...exceptional skills." The black clad woman removes her floppy hat, chuckling lightly as she reveals her slightly pale, yet stunningly beautiful facial features. Her dark hair shimmers in the moonlight whilst deep brown eyes sparkle with laughter of their own. "My Lord speaks the truth Sarah, your skills are quite remarkable. There is little that catches our eye, however you as I'm sure you can now see, have done exactly that".
A different voice suddenly is heard, as the pace of the horses begins to slow. "My Lord and Lady, we approach Castle Tyrak".

* * *


The passengers are left standing before a great doorway as the carriage, now empty departs. As if a sheath of pure shadow were removed, a tall and handsome man appears, completing an action not unlike removing a cloak. Taking the quite clearly surprised Sarah on his right arm, and his bride on his left, the smartly dressed Lord of Tyrak leads the two towards the huge oak wood doors, arriving at their base as they begin to swing open. A well-lit stone hall is revealed and the three enter, walking hastily to the far end and beginning their climb up an enormous flight of stone stairs. Upon reaching the end of the stairway, a small goblin-like creature can be seen scampering around a corner, ready and willing to meet his Lord and Lady's every need.
The creature, quick to pick up on his Master's intentions hurries himself down the hall sliding to a halt in front of another large doorway. The doors themselves are crafted of a dark heavy iron, yet no door handles or other such devices can be seen upon them. The creature flexes a lengthy claw like hand, before forming a symbol with sharply tipped fingers. The doors open slowly with surprising ease, and a healthy groan is heard as if the doors themselves are stretching, after standing stiff for decades. The three enter, the room before them stretches far to the left and right, seemingly endless upon entry. Hanging low from the ceiling are magnificent golden chandeliers, with row after row of flawless diamonds. The ceiling and walls are covered with gold; upon the walls are paintings and banners, each painting more spectacular than the last. The floor is covered in a finely woven, crimson rug with a golden trim. Resting on the rug are rows of oaken tables, running straight left and right down the hall. Sarah was in awe. Never had she been in such a grand dinning hall before. Tyrak began leading the two women to his table. He then slides a large stone chair from under the table and offers the seat to his Bride. Before seating himself, he mirrors his actions for Sarah. The goblin-like creature enters the room holding a tray within his clawed hands. Mounted upon the tray sat three exceptionally crafted iron goblets and a large crystal decanter with a dark crimson liquid swishing about inside. The creature places the tray on top of the table then performs an action similar to bowing before scurrying off quickly out of the room. Christina gracefully removes the crystal top from the decanter and pours the contents into the three waiting goblets. Before drinking from the goblet, Christina slowly smells the contents, seeming pleased by its fragrance. Sarah drinks from her goblet, finding its contents to be the best wine she has ever tasted. The three sat in the dinning hall, chatting, laughing and drinking. When to Sarah's surprise, a tall, heavily cloaked figure walks into the room and whispers into Tyrak's ear. Tyrak then rises from his chair and speaks in a soft yet firm tone "Excuse me Ladies, it seems I have some urgent matters to attend to". With that Tyrak and the cloaked figure leave the dinning hall.

Christina pours herself another wine from the decanter, smiling over at the still awe-struck Sarah as she does so. "For thousands of years Sarah, the House of Tyrak has grown strong and prospered, transforming from what it once was, to the magnificence of what you see here this night. We have served valiantly in many wars, both as warriors and advisors in many situations. Our House holds much power in this region, all respect us and follow us with extreme loyalty."

They continue to speak of the history that over the last few thousand years has shaped the way many now live. Christina pauses, seemingly lost in thought. She smiles softly, "Now, to the reason you have been brought here Sarah. Our house mage has retired from service, we are desperately in need of a replacement. In return for your service, you may study the archives of the castle, and of course, the writings of our previous masters of the arts." Christina rises from her seat, and slips around behind Sarah, slowly beginning to massage the small soft shoulders of the red haired woman. Leaning down she whispers in to Sarah's ear with a voice that easily could be mistaken for the voice of an angel. "I ask you now Sarah, master of the magical arts, will you enter our service, as mage of Tyrak?" Sarah, golden streaks in her hair reflecting as the light from the chandeliers hits them, turns her head looking up in to Christina's deep dark eyes. "I accept your offer, I will enter your service." With that, Christina leans in a little more, bringing her closer to the beautiful, supple neck of her new servant. She slowly reveals her lengthy white fangs, and gripping Sarah by the crown of her head, swiftly thrusts the almost blade like teeth far in to her victims throat. With a sudden squeal of pain, Sarah vainly attempts to rise, slowly becoming overwhelmed with a feeling of pure euphoria. Christina pulls her fangs out slowly, looking down upon the weak Sarah. "Sarah, I seem to have cut myself..." She speaks softly, running a sharp nail across her own chest, digging in far enough for the blood to flow thick and fast. "Here, drink of me..." The Lady of Tyrak spins the young woman around with a strength unheard of for a creature of such beauty. Sarah, clearly in a trance, under a spell of great power abides her new Lady's wishes, having her soft, voluptuous lips thrust against the flowing wound. The once innocent and almost angelic woman, appearing now as an animal in the wild, feeding ravenously before collapsing unconscious in to the chair she had never left.

* * *


In a large bedchamber, high in a tower inside Castle Tyrak, a small figure, Sarah, tosses and turns in bed. She awakens as the white light from a new moon rushes in from an open window above her head. Dressed only in a light flimsy nightgown she steps out of her enormous bed in to a soft pair of leather shoes, quickly opening the door and hurrying herself down the stairs toward her awaiting Lady. Throwing aside any of those foolish enough to step in her way, she rushes to a large set of iron doors incanting quickly, the iron doors groan loudly as they are forced open by the magics of Sarah. "My Lady Christina!" Sarah calls in to the room as she enters, "I should like a word..." Christina looks up from a small pile of paperwork on the dining table.
"Sarah? Something is wrong?" The Lady of Tyrak rises quickly, meeting her servant as she nears the table, "I dreamt in my slumber My Lady..." Sarah now clearly grief stricken, falls in to the awaiting arms of her Lady. "Why...?" The luminous, pale blue eyes of Sarah look up at her Lady, questioning her very existance. "After one hundred and three years...why do I remember now?"
Christina calm and comforting, whispers softly in Sarah's ear. "It is our test Sarah...it is up to you now...have you passed? Will you continue to exist...or otherwise?"

NORMALITY RETURNS


Sarah knew the feeling all to well. It's a feeling that all of Sarah's kind share. A feeling that burns with the intensity of fire. The feeling brings upon an instinct that can result in death. It is handed down from vampire to vampire. A curse to some, who choose not to embrace it, who live in denial. To others, it is the greatest pleasure. Sarah knew it was now time to feed.
As Sarah is being accompanied 'home' by her handsome, half-intoxicated companion, she begins to smile to herself, the daemons in her taking over. She leans her head slowly towards her companion's neck, tentatively running her tongue over it. The licking turns into some soft kisses, mapping a circle upon his neck. Raising her head slightly she grins revealing deadly fangs, trademark of her kind. She then bites hard and deep into the shocked victim's neck, Sarah knew now she had passed the test, she was a vampire and she loved it. But she still had some unanswered questions, questions that only Christina can answer. Negligently she lets the corpse fall to the cold earth at her feet before fading in to the deep recesses of the night.

* * *


Christina stands high upon a hill, her dark dress flowing about her the in swirling midnight winds. Far in the distance she can hear the sounds of masonary, and see the flickering torches of Castle Tyrak as the slaves work hard constructing it's perimeter defences, the Castle itself having been completed some time ago. Looking down the hillside she spies a small shadowed figure, moving swiftly toward her. "Sarah..." The Lady of Tyrak muses silently, then smiles slightly to herself, a look of relief passing over her face. A few moments pass before the figure of Sarah finally appears, silhouetted by the light of the moon. Extending her arms slowly, Christina smiles across at her long time companion. "You have passed..." She almost whispers the words as she speaks, and with her hands motions for Sarah to approach. Sarah, ignoring all protocal breaks in to a run towards her Lady, and friend, nearly collapsing in to Christina arms as she reaches her. The two embrace, Christina showing no emotion once more. "Sarah... it has been a tiring evening so far, I must feed..." Looking down at Sarah, she smiles widely, extending her fangs to their full length. The reply comes quickly from Sarah, yet not spoken aloud. As Christina looks down at her, Sarah's eyes fill with excitement and lust at the prospect of feeding along side her Lady once more.

* * *


Heavy breathing and groaning is heard as a young man, no more than twenty years old vainly attempts to lift his load back up onto a cart. With a rear wheel of the cart snapped clean off, the various crates and chests slide off hitting the moss covered path with a loud thud. "Oh no..." A sweet angelic voice comes from down the path, causing the young man to stand up to his full height, revealing short brown, wavy hair and two curious yet wary green eyes. From the shadows of the high standing oak trees steps a young woman, long red hair reflecting golden in the moonlight is complimented by full voluptuous lips as her crimson dress flows about her. "Your cart... it's broken" The woman moved slowly toward the young man, not breaking her stride until she stood mere feet from him. "Yes... it is Ma'am..." The young man looks the woman over, smiling a little as he admires her near perfect curves, clearly outlined by her lightly woven attire. "Well now, that's just not good is it..." She smiles softly up at him, meeting his eyes with hers before breaking in to a playful giggle and turning away, embarrassed. The mans face softens, now smiling at the unexpected distraction. He explains his predicament, his cart having broken a wheel on a nearby rock, leaving him stranded there on his way back to his Father and his store in the nearby township. "Oh!" the young man exclaims suddenly, "I've not introduced myself properly... my apologies, I am Jacob, son of Thomas the Merchant." Jacob takes the womans hand awkwardly and with little grace procedes to kiss it. "I am Sarah...it is a pleasure to meet you Jacob" She smiles down at him, playful eyes darting from his hand, still holding hers, to his eyes. "If you would like Jacob... I have a place you can stay for the evening, and tomorrow we can return with a wagon of my Father's. It will be enough to carry both your load and the broken cart all the way to your store." Jacob, clearly eager to spend and evening with the beautiful Sarah, took little time in deciding, and the two were quickly heading down the path.
They walked slowly, Sarah sometimes dancing around him playfully, and always chatting about the various topics each other would bring up. Soon enough, they began to ascend a small hill, Sarah's laughter echoing throughout the night as Jacob tickled her sides. Finally reaching the summit, the two stood side by side under the leaves of a grand Yew tree, looking out in to the night as clouds lazily pass across the moon. Sarah turned and faced Jacob, placing her hands on his chest as she did so "Jacob...Jacob... Jacob..." Her voice slowly turning in to a whisper as she runs her hands along his arms, extending them up against the trunk of the tree, eventually, her hands gripping Jacob by the wrists. Jacob grins down chuckling slightly, now clearly excited by what is to come next. A faint voice echoing from the shadows of the tree interrupts the two, "Sarah...what is it with you and these merchant boys... Oh well, he's a meal I suppose..." Jacob's chuckles suddenly end in a strangled gurgle, as Christina steps from the shadows, thrusting her fangs deep in to the exposed neck of the young merchant's son.
© Copyright 2023 M S Groves (slick187 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301504-Ignorance-is-Damnation