*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301547-Ideas-on-Page-Design-Alt-Design-Layout
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2301547
Ideas on Page Design-Alt Design Layout
Design Banner


Buttton to Home
Button for ContentLayout Button SelectedButton for Navigation
Button for PaletteButton For SimplicityFiles and Examples


The Problem.

You're reading this document on a well-designed website: Writing.Com. The owners have followed good principles of web design.

Take a look at it for a moment. For example, it's organized in segments.There is the left column, headed by the company logo and followed by a list of navigational links to the the site. There's the top row, with links to things like Writing.Com 101 and the newsfeet. Finally, the right-hand column includes links to your favorites and to sponsored items--a place where members can advertise their work through the bid-click system. Then there's the big block in the middle which changes as you click through the site. That's where the main content of any page goes, surrounded by those other segments which don't change.

With few exceptions, everywhere you go on Writing.Com has the same familiar navigational tools. The part of the site where we users put our content is that big block in the middle. For a site dedicated to authors, that's perfect. We can post poems, short stories, even novels, in readable form in that middle section.

Yet, over the years users have used the area to create contests, social activities, reviewing boards, blogs, and many other things. There are even online courses. The people who come to this site are creative, and want to share that creativity. That often means creating pages with lots of content: colorful text, graphics, and more. The richer the content of a page, the more it can benefit from good web design.

The problem is how to incorporate web design principles into an area meant for poems and fiction.


Layout is the Answer.
Beyond Headlines
Tables
Best Practices
Accessible Design


© Copyright 2023 Max Griffin πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ (mathguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301547-Ideas-on-Page-Design-Alt-Design-Layout