*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301688-The-dangers-of-music
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2301688
Music is a dangerous force it can hurt evoking such strong emotions but it can also heal
Walking back from the showers to his dorm in the daft emptiness of the hallway Azreal couldn't help but overhear the soft but beautiful sounds of a piano coming from one of the rooms down the long and narrow hall to his left; His feet quickly scuttled to the direction of the sound as it got louder, and louder reaching the room and approaching the sliding door slowly peeking in through one of the little windows on the door looking around the large dark room only being lit by the gleaming light of the moon.
He spotted a girl with red locs reaching the mid of her back and night-dark skin playing the piano in the middle of the room in front of a large panned window as the moonlight highlighted her incredibly sharp features down to a tea. He stared in awe as she began hitting each key with a precise “Thump🎶”, each move of her fingers was as calculated as the next. Watching as she played in a lifted but almost contorted style escaping from reality as she swayed with the tempo of the music eyes looking dreamily into the night sky, her mouth moving but no words coming out, her fingers slowing down, and then speeding up again languidly.

“It’s beautiful… She’s beautiful…,” he said In a hushed tone.

pressing his ear onto the door, and staring at her in awe as his eyes began to wander over her, never wanting the beauty of her fingers to stop. As she was coming to the near end of her euphonious piece her left hand stopped playing entirely; While her right in one quick motion came onto the piano with a “Clang 🗯️!!!” leaving an ugly mess of harsh notes behind. She frowned deeply at the keys and at the music on her stand, seemingly unsatisfied, slowly lifting her head and staring lamely out of the window.

“It's missing something…” she said sighing audibly “A voice, a-A NoTe maybe,” her voice getting louder in annoyance, “ I'VE BEeN at this for hours why isn't it coming together!!!?. . . ”.

Tapping a high key in thought then stopping to stretch her fingers and gather her belongings to quickly head back to her dorm room, ensuring no one had seen her.
Outside of that door, Azreal found himself craving more of the beauty she created with each key she stroked, his moment of bliss was soon interrupted by a sudden “CLang🗯️!!!” from the piano.
“What was that and Why’d she stop playing,” he said questionably surprised as he squinted through the glass trying to understand what had happened and why she had made that noise.
He looked through the window to see her angrily shoving the music sheets into her bag. At that moment she turned her head up looking through the door's little window he quickly ducked his head his hands holding his mouth “S**T!!!” he thought, What if she opened the door with him pressed up on it listening to her play she’d think he was a complete and utter weirdo, even worse look at him with disgust. Just as the doors were about to slide open he quickly morphed the air around him showing an illusion of no one there.
© Copyright 2023 t00th4che (t00th4che at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301688-The-dangers-of-music