*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302307-What-will-Gods-kingdom-do-for-you
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #2302307
Consider the amazing things that are going to happen - soon

Are you in pain - perhaps facing a life-changing illness? Or have you lost someone you love, in death? Maybe you have Depression, and are tired of living? Perhaps you are struggling to survive, and are anxious about the future. If so, you are in genuine need of real comfort and hope. Please read on.

“Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven.”


The famous words of Jesus Christ, in the most famous prayer in history. Have you ever wondered what that kingdom is, and what it will do? Does it affect you personally? The answers are there - in the Bible, and they may surprise you.

What is God's kingdom?

Many people believe that this kingdom is a condition of the human heart, once it has accepted God's way of living. Many religious organisations teach that, by converting people to their version of Christianity, they are creating the kingdom of God on earth. Is that true, is that what the Bible really teaches, and if so, why does the world continue to deteriorate morally, socially, politically, and environmentally? Contrary to the above belief, the Bible states that “The whole world is under the control of the evil one (the Devil)” (1 John 5.19) - NIV. It further states that “This world is passing away, and so is it's desire” (1 John 2.17). What will end the chaotic state of this world – Politics? Scientists? The Bible realistically warns that “It does not belong to man who is walking to direct his own footsteps” (Jeremiah 10.23), and ”Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save” (Psalm 146.3). It further emphasises the futility of man's ambitions when it reveals “That which is crooked cannot be made straight” (Ecclesiastes 1.15). Imperfect people cannot bring about a perfect world.

So, why then do many believe that God's kingdom comes about through people? This is partly due to a misunderstanding of Jesus' words at Luke 17.21 where he says “The kingdom of God is within you” (KJV). Did Jesus mean that those men that he was speaking to had God's kingdom in their hearts? Those leaders were actually planning to murder Jesus, and they refused to acknowledge him as God's son, and the Messiah. Jesus later went on to totally condemn the religious leaders of Israel. A more accurate translation of Jesus' words is “The kingdom of God is in your midst” (or among you). - NIV. Jesus was the appointed king of God's kingdom, and he was standing there, in the middle of all, trying to help them understand that God's kingdom begins with him – “The way, the truth, and the life” (John 14.6). If God's kingdom was actually there at that time, Jesus would not have taught us to pray for it. Furthermore, Jesus declared in prayer that – when God's kingdom comes – God's will is done. Neither then, nor today is God's will being done on earth. In fact, the world is experiencing “Critical times, hard to deal with” (2 Timothy 3.1). Jesus revealed a sad, sobering reality about our generation, when he said that “Few are the ones finding the road to salvation” (Matthew 7.14).

So then, what really is God's kingdom, and how and when does it come?

A kingdom is a rulership, or government. The prophecy in Daniel reveals that “This kingdom will crush and put an end to all these other kingdoms” (Daniel 2.44). Throughout history, mankind has experimented with many forms of rulership, some better than others, some based on belief, others based on evolution. None of those rulerships have brought peace, and an end to suffering on this earth. Only God can, and will do that, by means of that kingdom. Daniel's prophecy - speaking of Jesus, describes “Someone like a son of man” being “Given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him” in his “indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away” (Daniel 7.8). So Jesus is the leader - the king of God's kingdom.


But, the Bible tells us that there would be others ruling with him. Revelation 5.10 tells us that Jesus “Made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall reign over the earth.” These people - men and women - would be “Bought for God,” and they would be appropriate rulers who had experienced all the trials of human life on earth, and had been faithful to God. Those that do go to heaven are chosen by God, they do not choose themselves. The Bible says that these chosen ones are “Waiting for adoption as sons” (Romans 8.23). Adopted children do not choose their parents - the parents choose them. The number of these co-rulers would be limited. A kingdom is not made up of only rulers, but it has loyal subjects, and they are the “Meek who shall inherit the earth” (Matthew 5.5). So not every faithful person goes to heaven. The Bible reveals that “David did not ascend to heaven” (Acts 2.34). The Bible tells us that there will be many millions who come through the great tribulation on earth (Revelation 7.9).

So God's kingdom is good news – the best news for our future. When will it come? Although no-one, not even Jesus at the time he walked the earth, knew “the day or hour” (Matthew 24.36), the Bible does give us a strong indication of its timing. Jesus and his apostles gave warning signs that would indicate that the end of mankind's failed rulerships was at an end. Jesus declared “When you see all these things, know that your delverance is near” (Luke 21.28). We – our generation, are seeing all these things. God's kingdom is imminent, it “Will not be late” - (Habakkuk 2.3).

God's kingdom and you

Are you faithful, am I? Do you yearn for God's kingdom to come, for his will to be done, “on earth, as it is in heaven”? Then you are about to witness a world that you could only have dreamed of. The Bible describes our blessed future, in beautiful words.

The whole earth will be transformed, to the way it was in Eden, before mankind fell from grace and tried to live independently from our creator. God did not abandon his promise for mankind to “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it” (Genesis 1.28). In fact, the Bible tells us that “The earth He established forever” (Psalm 78.69), and that “All the days the earth continues, seed sowing and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, will never cease” (Ge 8:22). The Bible promises that “The meek shall inherit the earth, and they shall dwell forever upon it” (Psalm 37.11, Matthew 5.5). The Bible calls that future the “Real life” (1 Timothy 6.19), the “Re-creation” (Matthew 19.28), that Jesus promised.

The end of conflict and war


“They will not lift up sword, nation against nation, neither will they learn war anymore” (Micah 4.3).

All those who insist, for whatever reason, in using violence against their fellow human beings will be removed – forever.

The end of injustice and cruelty

“He will bring justice to the nations” (Isaiah 42.1).

“Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, and they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace” (Psalm 37.10,11).

"God is not partial (prejudiced), but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him” (Acts 10.34).

God's kingdom will bring perfect justice, and equality for all.

The end of poverty and deprivation

“They will build houses and live in them, and they will plant vineyards and eat their fruitage. They will not build for someone else to inhabit, nor will they plant for others to eat. And the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full” (Isaiah 65.21,22).

“Greedy persons will not inherit God's kingdom” (1 Corinthians 6.10).

There will never again be any poor people on earth. People will work for themselves, not others. We will be completely nourished.

The end of anxiety and sadness

“He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted.... To comfort all who mourn” (Isaiah 61.1,2)

“The former things will not be called to mind, nor will they come up into the heart. No more will there be heard in her the sound of weeping or a cry of distress” (Isaiah 65.17-19)

Depression, abuse, bereavement, and all other forms of mental disturbance will be gone. Our damaged minds will be cleansed of all distress and sadness.

The end of natural disasters

“Even the winds and sea obey him” (Matthew 8.27)

“The whole earth now rests, free of disturbance. People cry out for joy”
(Isaiah 14.7).

Jesus – the king, will once again take control of the elements and temperatures of earth.

The end of environmental devastation


“God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth” (Revelation 11.18).

The kingdom will restore the earth to it's natural beauty and glory. There will be no uninhabitable zones.

The end of illnesses and disabilities

“No resident will say - “I am sick” (Isaiah 33.24).

The words “Cancer”, “influenza”, “Heart Disease”, “AIDS,” and all other medical conditions will never be heard again. We will enjoy perfect, premium health, to a degree never before experienced.

The end of old age

“Let their flesh be renewed like a child’s; let them be restored as in the days of their youth” (Job 33.25).

Humans will reach their potential at an optimum age, and will stay that way – forever. There will be no more grey hair, baldness, wrinkled skin, and the anxieties that frailty brings.

The end of death

“Death will be no more, neither will mourning, nor outcry, nor pain” (Revelation 21.4).

"The last enemy - death, will be brought to nothing" (1 Corinthians 15.26).

“Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice” (John 5.28).

“Your dead ones will live” (Isaiah 26.19).

Jesus will stop the human race from dying. Even nore amazing is that, he will restore those who have died before, to life. They will not have the anxieties and illnesses they had when they died, and they will no longer live in fear of death but, will live for eternity.

So, dear reader, when you pray for God's kingdom next – think of what it really means – for you, your family, the earth, and mankind. But also remember the main purpose of God's kingdom – to vindicate God's glorious name, to prove the world wrong in all it's false accusations against our heavenly Father. This was the purpose that was of most importance to God's son – Jesus when he prayed “Father – Hallowed be thy name.”

If you require evidence that the above things will really happen, please feel free to read my other articles, or contact me.
© Copyright 2023 Moomintroll (hemmullenn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302307-What-will-Gods-kingdom-do-for-you