*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302448-National-Medical-Commission
by Rockey
Rated: E · Documentary · Other · #2302448
NMC provides guidelines for doctors in practices.

National Medical Commission


Branded generic drugs, while less expensive than patented versions, are often pricier than their mass-produced generic counterparts. Regulatory oversight on the pricing of branded generic drugs is comparatively limited.The directive from the National Medical Commission (NMC) stipulates that registered medical practitioners (RMPs) must use generic names when prescribing drugs, ensuring legibility and rational prescription practices. This involves avoiding unnecessary medications and irrational combinations of fixed-dose tablets. Should a violation occur, the doctor might receive a warning or be required to participate in a workshop or academic program focused on ethics, interpersonal relationships, and professional training.For repeated infractions, the NMC regulations outline the potential suspension of the doctor's practice license for a specific period. In order to prevent misinterpretation, the NMC emphasizes that prescriptions should ideally be written in capitalized letters and be as legible as possible. Typed and printed prescriptions are encouraged to minimize errors. The NMC provides a prescription template to guide doctors in rational prescription practices. Medical practitioners are advised to prescribe only those generic medicines that are accessible to patients in the market. They are also encouraged to advocate for hospitals and local pharmacies to stock generic drugs, promoting wider availability. Furthermore, the NMC stresses that doctors should promote patients' purchase of medications from Jan Aushadhi Kendras and other generic pharmacy outlets. Medical practitioners are also expected to educate both medical students and the public about the equivalence of generic medicines to their branded counterparts. Active participation in programs that advance the accessibility and promotion of generic medications is also encouraged by the regulation.

© Copyright 2023 Rockey (rockey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302448-National-Medical-Commission