*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302460-Not-Your-Average-Rabbit
by Schuy
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2302460
King Fluff is not your average rabbit.
The humane society was holding free pet adoptions of multiple types of animals during a sunny Saturday afternoon. The place was filled with people who were interested in giving an animal a new home. Free food and drinks were offered along with free pet supplies. The pet supplies included leashes, cages, and collars. One employee was at the register while a few other employees helped the customers. The humane society held multiple free adoptions in the past, but this one was the most successful of the bunch.

It was 1:42 PM when a family of three walked into the humane society. The family consisted of a mother, father, and daughter. They approached the last available rabbit to consider if they wanted to adopt it. The rabbit was brown and male with blue eyes. The daughter, who was 12 years old with brown hair and glasses, put her face close to the cage to examine the rabbit. The rabbit stared back as if reading the girl’s mind. The girl stared in amazement as the rabbit’s blue eyes began to gradually turn bright purple. The rabbit’s nose began to melt as if it was lit with a flame.

The girl screamed and yelled for her parents to come over. The parents, who looked much like the girl minus the glasses, walked over to the rabbit’s cage.

The mother said, “Lucy, what’s wrong”?

The father rolled his eyes, “Why are you messing with us again? We have been through this repeatedly about how it is wrong to fool people.”

Lucy was confused with tears streaming down her face. She turned to look back at the rabbit. Her eyes went wide in shock when she saw that the rabbit looked normal as it did before. The rabbit began to drink its water.

The mother said, “Lucy, you have always wanted a rabbit. We should give this one a home and he is the only one left here.”

Lucy yelled out, “But the rabbit is not normal! He must be evil! His eyes turned bright purple and his nose started to melt!”

The mother replied, “Hush now, child. I want a pet rabbit as well. We are going to adopt this rabbit now. No more whining.”

Lucy began in exasperation, “But the rabbit...”

The father interrupted, “Your mother is right. Maybe taking care of a rabbit will teach you some responsibility.”

Lucy stared in absolute terror at the rabbit throughout the entire adoption process. She cried during the entire ride home with the rabbit in the back seat with her, but her parents thought that she was faking it. Lucy gathered up the courage to look directly at the rabbit. The rabbit, now named King Fluff by Lucy’s mother, stared back at her. They stared into each other’s eyes for three minutes. Lucy began to think that she imagined everything scary that she saw at the adoption event. She began to think that King Fluff was ridiculously cute and that she loved him. The moment was short-lived because the rabbit opened its mouth wide open to show off its dagger-like teeth. The teeth began to drip green slime. Lucy screamed at the top of her lungs. Intense fear surged across her entire body. Lucy felt that the rabbit would kill her if she stayed in the car with him.

King Fluff whispered in a tone that only Lucy could hear, “I will eat you and spit out your bones. You dumb child.”

Lucy unlocked the back seat door and jumped out. She slammed into the ground, got up, and began to run despite being heavily bruised from the fall. The car stopped and Lucy’s father got out of the vehicle, only to shut the back seat door and get back inside to continue driving home. The car started moving again.

Lucy ran through the door of the nearby police station. She approached the front desk to state her emergency.

Lucy told the woman at the front desk in desperation, “My parents and I adopted a rabbit at the humane society. His eyes turned bright purple and he has dagger-like teeth. His teeth dripped green slime and his nose briefly melted! My parents kept on driving even after I jumped out of the car!”

The woman stared at Lucy in anger as if the girl were not telling the truth. Although the woman saw the bruises, she did not believe that they were caused by what was said. The woman called a male police officer over to the desk.

The police officer asked, “What is wrong? How did you get those bruises?”

Lucy explained everything again to the police officer. It seemed like the police officer believed Lucy and then he smiled.

The police officer asked, “Is the rabbit named King Fluff?”

Lucy said in a trembling voice, “How do you know?”

The police officer whispered so that the woman would not overhear him, “King Fluff is close to taking over this city. He is my ruler, and he is the ruler of all this city’s police officers. You are doomed. Just let King Fluff take control. Also, you should be glad that King Fluff loves the name that your mother gave him. King Fluff went by himself to the humane society as a joke and to spread his influence telepathically. It is amazing that you were able to withstand his mental prowess.”

Lucy screamed and ran outside. She ran into the middle of the street and was hit by a taxi. The last thing that Lucy saw before she fell unconscious was the taxi driver throwing her into the back seat.

When Lucy opened her eyes, she saw that she was in a small room on a chair, and with a chair in front of her. Lucy was tied to the chair and King Fluff sat on the other chair.

Lucy cried as King Fluff said, “I have been unable to control you for some reason and I have decided to not eat you. It will be more useful to have you take me to other places so I can take over the county, and then eventually the entire world.”

King Fluff laughed with manic glee. It was the beginning of the end as we know it.

Epilogue

Thanks to Lucy’s help, King Fluff became the world’s ruler. King Fluff originally had no solid ideas in mind for what he wanted to do as the world’s ruler, but he thought of new ideas as he went along. His first plan was to control the world’s top scientists to create robots that could control the entire population. People had 6:00 PM curfews and their time at home was spent taking care of their rabbit overlords. The rabbits were normal. Everyone's workdays consisted of praying to King Fluff while dressed up as a brown rabbit with bright purple eyes and dagger-like teeth.
© Copyright 2023 Schuy (gear5luffy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302460-Not-Your-Average-Rabbit