*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302515-WARRIOR-CATS-Flamefrosts-Prophecy
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2302515
Flamefrost discovers a new prophecy and a new spirit clan.
ALLIGIANCES

SkyClan

Leader
_____________
Bristlestar - a pale white-grey she-cat with green eyes



Medicine Cats
_____________
Sagepool - dark brown she-cat with lighter leg stripes and green eyes
Brittleheart - small caramel-coloured tom with a dark brown patch on his chest


Warriors
_____________
Clawtail - orange tom with dark brown stripes and tail
Stemfur - brown tom with patches and stripes
Leafwing - light grey she-cat with brown stripes
Brindleleap - golden-brown she-cat with long tail
Scorpionclaw - dark red tom
Pigeonstorm - speckled grey she-cat
Owldrizzle - white and grey tom with yellow eyes
Ryebird - yellowish-brown she-cat with blue eyes
Reedflower - red tom with white tints
Tawnyshine - dark brown she-cat with white stripes
Russetblaze - grey tom with yellow eyes
Leapfur - shaggy brown she-cat with a golden tint

Apprentices
_____________
Mistpaw - white she-cat with yellow eyes
Aspenpaw - yellow she-cat with lighter stripes
Birchpaw - white tom with black speckles

Queens
_____________
Waterpelt - grey she-cat with blue eyes
Flowerdrop - white she-cat with golden-orange patches and stripes

Kits
_____________
Flamekit - dark red-brown tabby tom-kit with blue eyes
Bluekit - pale white-blue she-kit with watery, milky blue eyes
Volekit - pale brown tom-kit with lighter stripes
Leopardkit - leopard-like she-kit with green eyes
Rootkit - yellow tom-kit with shades of black

Elders
_____________
Yarrowspark - white she-cat with pale yellow eyes
Dewfoot - black and white tom
Whiteblaze - milky white she-cat with a streak of yellow across her fur




PROLOGUE

Q U O T E of the chapter
"Oh, StarClan," muttered Flamefrost, slumping to sit on his paws. He bowed his head with grief. "Why have you shown me this? What was the point?"



Smoke filled Flamefrost's lungs, slamming him into dizziness. Heat burned against his flaring pelt, every step he took blistered him like the scorching wind. Unable to keep his paws steady, the tom scrambled up a branch, keeping away from the roaring fire. His ear was bleeding...his eyes were watering....and his fur was ruffled and covered in ash.

Flameforst coughed and took a few steps away as the fire began licking across to the branch. "Help! StarClan, what is the meaning of this?" A pang of agony and fear struck through his heart. A flicker of fire prowled against him, around him, over him...

Ember flickered through the dim grey sky, covering the moon and stars. With a crack and a sizzle a branch fell, heading straight for Flamefrost. He yowled, his throat hurting as he coughed and leapt away; he was too late when the branch slammed against his leg. Flamefrost yowled in pain, kicking it away.

It left a black mark burning with pain. Flamefrost wanted to lie down and rest, but the fire was coming closer, closer, closer...

Gasping with tiredness, Flamefrost collapsed onto the ground. He didn't care anymore...StarClan would be waiting for him. He closed his eyes, imagining the silent whisper and the silvery trees around him. The stars, glittering like oceans of freedom and sweet scent....

Flamefrost opened his eyes and saw a river, a few tail lengths away from him. The fire was still burning like prowling badgers. Gasping, Flamefrost flung himself up to his paws and staggered near the bank. He bent down and swallowed gallons of water before jumping in. But something happened, something unfortunate.

Fire wrapped around his hind legs, stretching up to his chest, wrapping around until it reached his neck. Flamefrost screeched as it lifted him away from the river...into the seas of flames...Ash, ember, heat and smoke swallowed him whole before he could react.



Darkness. Flamefrost opened his blue eyes, coughed a few times, and stumbled up to his paws. His gaze flicked across the new area that surrounded him. It was void of blackness, miles and miles of blackness. Dark, black, dark, black...

Then something like wisps of smoke appeared in front of him, forming a faint outline of a cat. "Flamefrost..." it whispered in a ghostly tone. "Flamefrost!"

More cats appeared around him, creating a circle with him in the middle. Seven ghosts, one living soul. "Cats died from the fire..." the first cat whispered ominously. Another wisp of smoke appeared, but wildly and fiercely, instead of calmly. The shape moved up and down like fire, and it was orange. It covered the ghostly cat and they both stopped moving, like a frozen scene.

The second cat stepped forward and whispered, its voice cracking with grief, "There were kits...dens and dens of kits..." Then, the ghost seemed to split into four, and the four white ghosts turned into three terrified kits hovering over another kit's limp body. They, too, frozen for Flamefrost to see.

He whipped around to the third cat once he told himself he had enough. It, however, was not like any other ghost; it was limping as it told him, "Elders have swept away, lost in the ashes." The ghost turned into an elder, limping with scars as fire drowned it again.

Before the scene could freeze like the others, Flamefrost let out a yowl of grief and panic. "Why are you showing me this, whoever you are?" There was an ominous moment of silence before the tom swallowed with nerves and turned to watch the fourth cat.

"There were cats who never had a chance to be warriors...to even see what a real warrior life would be!" That ghost vanished smaller into a dying apprentice before it, too, froze.

Flamefrost's eyes widened with horror as he watched the last three cats.

"The fire destroyed the Clans..."

"There will never be honourable forest cats again..."

"The warrior code is gone. Forever..."

Bristling, the tom yowled, "Stop it!" and thrust around to glare at the frozen ghosts. But they ignored him and unfroze, the fire, vanishing, the kits reforming into one, and the ghosts all muttered in unison, "You're the reason warriors don't exist anymore."

Suddenly, a bright fierce light flared through the darkness, and Flamepelt shielded his eyes while the ghosts vanished. When he blinked his eyes again, he was surrounded by silver trees, glittering with stars. The sky was dark blue with a galaxy of white stars and a perfectly round moon hanging over the peaceful forest. Even the grass was silver, and a beautiful clear river streamed across the forest floors.

"Oh, StarClan," muttered Flamefrost, slumping to sit on his paws. He bowed his head with grief. "Why have you shown me this? What was the point?"

A golden cat with white outline cat walked through white mist, her eyes glowing white and her pelt glittered with...

Flamefrost blinked, again and again, but no matter how much time he thought about it, the cat had golden specks instead of silver stars hidden within her fur. Her pelt was golden, like the sun.

She had smooth, calm fur, a long bushy tail, and white ears. She dipped her head and muttered, "Flamefrost, it is time for you to understand that we are not StarClan. We are SunClan."



CHAPTER ONE

Q U O T E of the chapter
Great StarClan, Flamekit realised. Ambitiousness could tear our lives apart...forever.


Flamekit felt warmth lap his tiny body as Flowerdrop groomed him. He blinked his eyes and light filled the world around him. "Good morning, my sweet," muttered the Queen, licking Flamekit's face. He snuggled into her warm fur and purred. A shaft of light brown fur flashed under Flowerdrop's grey fur as Volekit wriggled up. Flamekit nuzzled his mother and mewed in a tiny voice, "Flowerdrop! Flowerdrop! Can we go outside?" He prodded her neck hopefully.

Flowerdrop shook her head. "You're too young. Stay inside the same, warm nursery." Her purr was glowing as she settled her kits into a comfortable position. But Flamekit wasn't tired, he had just woken up from a long nap and desired to explore the camp. "How come to Leopardkit and Rootkit are allowed?" Huffed Volekit, blinking his large brown eyes.

Before Flowerdrop could reply, another kit sat up and stared up at Flowerrdrop hopefully with her dazzling blue eyes. "Good morning, Bluekit," said the she-cat and started grooming her daughter. "Oh please? Can't we go outside for a few minutes and take a look?" whined Bluekit. Their mother frowned and stopped lapping her tongue against Bluekit's neck.

"Leopardkit and Rootkit are two moons older than you! They'll be apprentices soon, and they've already met the Clan. They go outside often," Flowerdrop explained impatiently. Bluekit huffed and tried wriggling away and stumbling outside, but Flowerdrop whisked her back easily with her long grey tail. "You'll have plenty of fun inside the Nursery," she told them airily. "You are my delicate, beautiful kits, and I will protect you at all costs." And with that, she started licking Bluekit again.

Flamekit sighed and flopped down, hiding his nose behind his tail. "Oh, quit being grumpy!" begged Volekit. "Who cares if they're older than us? We'll make way better warriors! I'm going to be the best fighter and hunter in the whole forest, just you wait!" Volekit started tackling Flamekit's tail, who groaned and tried nudging him away.

"Calm down, Volekit!" snapped Flowerdrop. "Show some respect to Leopardkit and Rootkit! Who gave you the right to insult your fellow den mates?" Flowerdrop sighed and shook her head disapprovingly. Volekit settled down and dipped his head. "I'm sorry, I promise not to insult them again." Flowerdrop hissed and swept him close to her with a swish of her tail. "You'd better go apologise! I think Waterpelt heard you yowling about her kits!" Volekit whimpered and crouched, too embarrassed and nervous to approach the Queen, who was watching her kits play fight.

"But...I don't want to!" Volekit whined.
"It's disrespectful!" argued Flowerdrop, nudging Volekit.

The two cats were too concentrated in winning the argument to notice Bluekit sneaking out to take a peek. Flamekit narrowed his blue eyes and was about to tell her off when a brilliant idea came into his mind. He could join her! He quietly snuck away and caught up with Bluekit with Volekit jabbering in the background.

"This is perfect! We'll finally be able to have a walk around the camp and get some fresh air!" Bluekit whispered to Flamekit. He nodded eagerly and whispered back, "Thank you, Volekit, for this wonderful opportunity!" The two chortled and smothered their peals of laughter as they padded outside cheekily, with tails high up in the air.

The sky was blue and shafts of clouds were drifting lazily across the sky. The sun blazed down and sprayed sunshine over the Clan. Outside seemed even more beautiful than staring from inside. "Wow!" breathed Flamekit as he started padding around. "Look at them!" Bluekit whispered, poking Flamekit sharply in the ribs. "Look!"

Flamekit spun around from where he was standing and saw a group of senior warriors sharing tongues by the edge of their den. "They look so big...and skilled..." awe struck the two kits. Flamekit admired their long, smooth pelts and tried pressing his spiky fur down to look more like them. "Hey, you two!" Leopardkit bounded over, almost a head taller than Flamekit. Rootkit followed, casting shadows over the two small kits.

"Want to learn a trick?" asked Leopardkit, crouching playfully. "Yes!" Bluekit and Flamekit exclaimed in unison. "Ok, watch this. Try to do exactly what I do!" Rootkit crouched, his tail wavering low like a snake. His eyes were on a dandelion growing out of a crack in the ground. He suddenly leapt and batted its leaves ferociously before landing boldly on his paws.

"Cool!" Bluekit mewed. "My turn!" She tried crouching, but she did it too quickly and ended up landing on her chin. "Ow!" She cried. "Are you okay?" Flamekit rushed to give his sister a quick few licks. "I'm fine..." Bluekit batted his face away. "Watch! I will do it!" Leopardkit and Rootkit exchanged amused glances and purred.

She crouched again, lashing her tail, and leapt. She crashed into the dandelion, flattening it. The four kits stared at each other before bursting out into laughter. "Close!" Leoparkit encouraged. "That was just bad luck," Rootkit reassured her. "Flamekit! It's your turn!"

"Flamekit!"

Another yowl, must fiercer, erupted from the Nursery. The four kits spun around and found Flowerdrop glaring at him with anger. "Uh-oh," Leopardkit whispered. With Rootkit along her side, they fled from the scene. "What are you doing?" demanded Flowerdrop, storming outside to glare with firing rage at the two kits.

"We're really sorry! We just got curious," Flamekit explained. "Yeah," Bluekit agreed nervously, staring at her paws. Flowerdrop's face did something funny; it twisted into a rage, about to explode, but then softened with grief. "Come," she said, flicking her tail for them to follow. Soon, the kits curled up in their nest and gazed up at their mother with wide eyes.

Flowerdrop bit her lip and stared outside for a very long time before sighing and beginning her story. "At your age, I was a curious young kit just like you three. At that time, danger roamed across the forest, threatening our lives. One day, when my father Stonewhisker, was slaughtered by a fox when he was out hunting, alongside his apprentice, Birdpaw, who are both in StarClan now, me and my littermates vowed to avenge him.

"We were stupid. Awfully stupid. When there were only four days until we became apprentices, we couldn't wait for four our ceremony. We thought we were skilled enough, even just being nearly apprentices. As you know, we weren't taught any skills, because we weren't apprentices yet, but we thought we were strong enough to avenge Stonewhisker.

Flowerdrop's gaze hardened as she continued, her voice cracking. "Stemkit was our leader. She was ambitious and determined, the kit who grieved for our father the most. When we snuck away, she got into an argument with Goldkit. Goldkit got so upset she yowled at us, 'Just you wait! I will be the hero who avenges father, not you two lumps of fur!' and charged away.

"Soon, we heard her scream and instantly arrived only to find her tiny body covered in blood and scratches. She died that night...it was too late for anyone to save her, even StarClan's best medicine cats who hold power in their paws...

"Stemkit never forgave herself after that day... when Goldkit visited her dreams, they forgave each other dearly. Stemkit is now known as Stemclaw, a fearless warrior. she gave pride to the clan and was the cat to kill the fox who took both her sister and father's life."

Finishing with a lick of her pelt, Flowerdrop curled up and rested her chin gently on her paws. "Wow..." whispered Bluekit sadly, snuggling closer to Flowerdrop. "I'm really sorry to hear that..." Flamekit couldn't agree more. He nodded and replied, "I don't know what I'll do if I lose Bluekit or Volekit."

Great StarClan, Flamekit realised. Ambitiousness could tear our lives apart...forever.

​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
© Copyright 2023 Wenzdei (moonwatcher7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302515-WARRIOR-CATS-Flamefrosts-Prophecy