*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302561-The-Thickety-Spellbound-Chapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by PPP
Rated: E · Fiction · Gothic · #2302561
A chapter in my fanfiction
The days were now getting more painful. The years of age were adding up finally to Sordyr. The small desolate part of humanity in his green heart had been extinguished.
Now, he felt nothing but the desire to consume them all. The villagers, the animals, the birds, the whole world, he wanted them all. All in his grasp.
But for weeks now, Sordyr had been feeling something in the air. Something only he could feel.
A wexari.
Ever since he came, there have been no wexari, and fenroots were extinct. (not for long, he thought) But his senses never failed him. And his senses said that there was a wexari in that village……..what was its name?
De’noran, he remembered. De’noran was the name of the village.
But there was something else.
There was a symbol. Something that the world had brought in. Something which he hoped he never saw again.
A 5-sided star.

There were no possible ways for the residents of the Sanctum to see what was coming. The Old Ones were gone for years now. They couldn’t come back
Couldn’t they ?
The screams were now getting closer. They were loud.
Too loud.
Then Paula woke up. Everything was normal.
Too normal.
If Paula needed to stop having nightmares, she needed to learn more about the old myths. The only thing she knew was that the people were superstitions about magic. But the only thing that came up to her mind when she thought about her powers was magic.
But then she had an idea.
Why didn’t she go to the ruins?
The ruins was a outcrop of rocks of the coast of the island. Most people said it was cursed, by magic. But it was Paula’s only idea of what was happening.
The village had no idea of what she was about to do.
© Copyright 2023 PPP (penpaperpal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302561-The-Thickety-Spellbound-Chapter-5