*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302596-Interesting-Lesson
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2302596
Flash Fiction
Interesting Lesson

“You are toast Mister!” Sandra yelled.

“What?” Alex said, in his calm, irritating voice.

“You know exactly what!”

“Alex gave her a perplexed look, squinting a bit, “No. Give me a clue.”

“Red dress,” Sandra said, teeth clenched.

“Red dress? Well, I don’t have it. I might wear your sweat shirts occasionally, but I don’t ever wear your dresses…”

“Not funny…”

“I would be if I wore your red dress.”

“I was going to wear it to Trisha’s party.”

“And?”

“And now I hear Emily is wearing a red dress to Trisha’s party!”

“You could be twins,” Alex said.

“You must have told her, that witch!”

“Why would I tell her you were wearing a red dress to the party?”

“I don’t know. But I know you are the only person who knew, and I know you have a wicked crush on Emily.”

“I do not!”

“Yes, you do. Every time you see her you practically break out in a cold sweat.”

Turning a bit red, Alex snapped, “Well… I never touched your dress!”

“Of course not, but you told Emily that’s what I was wearing and now she’s wearing red!”

“Why would she do that?”

“Because she’s a jerk!”

“She’s not a jerk!”

“Yes, Baby brother, she’s a jerk. We are all jerks for a while when we discover boys. Emily drops boyfriends like used Kleenex.

“You can’t prove a thing.”

“If you’re smart you will steer clear of her till you’re seniors”

“Huh? Why?”

“Let her sow her while oats, get em out of her system.”

“You’re nuts!” he said, scowling, but he thought long and hard about it. He finally asked Emily out just before graduation. She said yes.

They’ve been married for forty years so far. Sandra and Christopher just hit forty-three.

Interesting lesson.
© Copyright 2023 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302596-Interesting-Lesson