*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302785-Visit-to-Lameria
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2302785
Lameria exists
Sam Adams Finds another world Writer’s cramp

290 words


Sam Adams, was a paranormal researcher For the Cosmos Institute in Berkeley. For many years he had been obsessed with finding a gateway to the mysterious land of Lemuria, which was rumored to have been a rival of ancient Atlantis but in the Pacific. Occult lore had it that the Lemurians escaped the destruction of Lemuria and Atlantis and lived in underground cities in Antarctica but with other outposts in various scared spots in the world, including Mt. Shasta, which was one of their secret bases. The Lemuria were shape-shifting lizard people who secretly controlled the world by taking over world leaders. They directed everything out of their bases in Antarctica, but one could find the gateways to Lemuria in Mt. Shasta. The ancient Indians knew the Lemurians. The location of Lemuria was found in the secret addendum to the famous Necronomicon which also showed the gateways to Hell, which was a real place. The Lemurians and Satan sometimes cooperation, and there were frequent visits between demons and Lemurians.

He finally tracked down the addendum in an old bookstore in Berkeley that specialized in occult books. The owner of the shop told them that he knew that Lameria existed because he had seen Americans walking in Mt. Shasta, and he had found the entrance. Sam invited Mr. Thelonious Black to join their quest.

They hiked up to Mt Shasta and found a cave. They entered the cave and saw a temple and went through and met an old monk who welcome them and said,

“welcome pilgrims. I am the guardian to the gateway. The Lemurians are waiting for you, they need your help. Momentous things are happening. Go through the gate.

They walked through the gate and were never seen again.





Timbuktu - found in Mali (north-western Africa) just north of the Niger River - is one of those fabled cities, like Shangri-La or Macca Pichu, that entered the early-modern European consciousness as idealized quasi-mythical places full of riches, wealth and knowledge. Of course, the reality was somewhat more prosaic, and the inhabitants would doubtless have been confused to discover that their hometown was considered mythical or ideal!

On August 18, 1826, the Scottish explorer Alexander Gordon Laing - inspired by such fables - arrived at the town, the first European (that we know of) to do so. He didn't survive the trip, being killed (we're not sure how) some five weeks later as or just after he left.

For tomorrow, write a story or poem about an explorer arriving at some mysterious, fabled town and what happens when he or she does. (For more interest and drama, be sure to explain why the protagonist is exploring and whether or not that goal is achieved.)

Be creative! What sort of mysterious settlement is this -- a lost ghost town? the alien pirates' home base (a space Tortuga)? capital of the fee kingdom? hideout and operations center for the Mongolian resistance force? Etc.

© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302785-Visit-to-Lameria