*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302913-A-Letter-Through-The-Letterbox
by EB
Rated: E · Novel · Fanfiction · #2302913
This is my own fanfiction about the harry potter universe. You are the main character.
Book- A Hogwarts Story Chapter 1

Note- I will be using Y/N (Your name) Y/L/N (Your last name) and * (For details).

*Your clock rings, slumping out of bed to sit up, glance over to the time on the clock '5.30 am' It's early, but today is the day that your future school sends a letter through the letter box. But this year will be different, filled with mysteries, friends and your fair share of enemies. *
Y/N- *Partly yawing, you get up from sitting at the edge of your bed, throw on some clothes and walk down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs, you hear the distinctive sound of the letter box opening. You run through the kitchen, quickly saying good morning to your mum, passing through the living room and heading for the lobby. Scooping up the post from the lobby floor, racing back through to the kitchen and sitting down, nearly tumbling straight through your seat. *
Mum- "Good Morning, I see you have collected the post. Did you get anything? Is any of it for you? *Flicking through the post to see if any of it, is in your name. You notice something that is addressed to you, In your name. *
Y/N- *Tearing the Blood Red seal with the Hogwarts crest off the back of the Letter, opening it up and reading-

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)
Dear Y/L/N,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all the necessary books and equipment.
The term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress
*Flipping over to the second page-
UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
Three sets of plain work robes (black)
One plain pointed hat (black) for day wears
One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
One winter clock (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.
COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk.
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot.
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling.
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch.
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore.
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble.

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set of glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set of brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

Yours sincerely,

Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus
Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

*Excruciating excitement and energy from you, your mum grabs the letter angrily from you to read-

Mum- "Bobby!!" *That's your mum calling your dad because it's not the letter 'she' wanted* "Y/N has been accepted into Hogwarts"

Dad- "Well you know Joan, it may be the best for her, she is a witch after all" *your mum scowls over at your dad in disappointment.*

Mum- "If she goes, they will make fun of her. Remember the ancestors, that's going to cause issues with the sorting hat".

Dad- "So what Joan, Y/N could be in any of the houses, it's just a waiting game to see".

Y/N- "I want to go, but these things. We can't just go and find them in the corner store. Where do we find this stuff"

Dad- "Joan I think it's time to go to Diagon Alley, Y/N is going to need all the books and equipment since we haven't kept any".

Mum- "If Y/N is going then we will have to go to the Bank first, get the money. Speak-to- you-know-who".

Y/N- "Bank? Diagon Alley? Where is this school? What is this school?"

Dad- "You will see, Are you sure you want to go?"

Y/N- "YEAH! I want to go" *You turn and look at your mum, asking yourself - What will happen to me at Hogwarts? Will II make friends or enemies? What is the backstory with my ancestors and the sorting hat?- hug her and run back upstairs, changing from your thrown-on clothes. Thrown on some better-looking clothes, and put my laptop and notebook into my backpack. Grabbed a pen and threw it into the bottom of my bag. Took my phone off charge and put it into my back jean pocket. Running back out the door and down the stairs, Mum and Dad were already, ready. *

Dad- "Ready Kiddo!"

Y/N- "READY!!"


Chapter 1- Complete

© Copyright 2023 EB (ellis.b24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302913-A-Letter-Through-The-Letterbox