*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303250-When-You-Feel-Alone
by MF
Rated: E · Article · Self Help · #2303250
At times you may feel annoyed by loneliness; An Analysis.
Matthias Fiore
Feeling lonely is a normal human experience, even if you have friends or are in a room full of people. You can feel lonely even when you are with other people. When you don't feel deeply connected to anyone or feel like you have no one who understands you or is willing to engage with you and make an effort, whether it's with friends or family.


Loneliness is associated with depression, and people with low self-esteem may have difficulty socializing or making a good impression.


This can be associated with thoughts such as :


"I feel like I do not matter to anyone."
"I feel like no one needs me."
"I feel like I don't exist."
"I feel alone within myself."
"It feels safer to be alone - then I can't be rejected."
"I feel numb when I feel lonely."
"I feel like I don't have meaningful relationships."
"I feel like I don't have anyone to tell my good news to."
"I feel alone when I am surrounded by people."


There are many solutions to feeling lonely.
You can join a group to feel better and be well connected with everyone and have some people by your side for support.
You can also read a book and lose yourself in fantasy or learn from what is out there.
You can find an online site to read or maybe get interested in hobbies you like.
Learn something new, whether it's something you never thought you'd be able to do or learn a skill.
Do someone a favor and it will make you feel better. Do not expect anything in return, because that would not be considered nice.
Reaching out to loved ones will also improve your sense of loneliness, and you can let them know that you would like to do something special in your life.


Practicing self-compassion is also a factor because in doing so, you treat yourself as if you were treating someone you love. You should learn to love yourself in this state.


Consider going places and confronting yourself with your loneliness. If you learn to love yourself, you will heal your sense of loneliness and be more likely to accept it. Do not use alcohol, drugs, or cigarettes to heal your loneliness, and do not focus on things you can not control. Also, do not feel the need to compare yourself to others. Your life is very different from other people's, and sometimes yours could be better, even if you think it is not.


Losing someone important to us can also cause loneliness. This will change our mood.


If you have a partner and still feel lonely, talk to them, describe the situation, and let them know what you need. You don't have to be seen as needy if you ask for help and support. Let your partner know that you want them to trust you about what is going on in your inner world. Think about what stressors in your relationship are causing your partner to act this way. You feel lonely because you feel there is a lack of emotional intimacy, and that means you need to be completely honest with the other person and let them know everything. Communicating with the person who means the most to you will solve the problem. Don't make your partner feel judged, just say it.


To increase your self-esteem, you need to identify the negative beliefs you have about yourself and then challenge them.


For example, if you think you are too unhealthy or incapable of doing something challenging like running, do it. Start noting these negative thoughts and write them down on a piece of paper or in a journal. Ask yourself when these thoughts first came up. Also, write down other positive things about yourself. Also, write down some good things that other people say about you. Resolve to write at least five positive things on your list and add to it regularly. This way you can keep reminding yourself that you are okay. You may have low self-confidence now because something happened to you in your childhood, but we can grow and develop a new view of ourselves at any age.


You can use the time when you are alone to get back in touch with yourself and realize why you feel lonely. Take things slowly, and look at the world from a different perspective. You can also spend time in nature, and that will do you good. Have a nice picnic or breathe in some fresh air. Express yourself through art, push yourself, and recognize when you can't.


Your feelings of loneliness matter, and you need to remember that there will be times when you feel lonely, so you need to live with it and be self-reliant. Be the person you want to love and fixate on your flaws. Give yourself time to express yourself in a movie and empathize with your feelings until you dare to talk and rekindle relationships that have failed in the past. When you fix things about yourself and others, you will feel satisfied.
Acknowledge that you deserve the love in your life, acknowledge that you are in control of your life, understand that you are unique, and share your values that are unique to you and that many people may not have or understand. You deserve to treat yourself and give yourself a gift, no matter how small or large, as long as it is meaningful to you. Get active and maintain your health.
If you feel lonely, you may say "no" more often and feel overwhelmed by activities with other people. Try doing things you don't normally do. Learn to value your own company and understand your own needs so that if you ever get into a relationship, you will be confident enough to understand yourself and what you are missing. You should not lean on a relationship when you are lonely, but use it as an opportunity to share and engage in things you enjoy doing. Master the power of self-knowledge, self-discipline, self-love, and self-respect, and you will find that you can improve your relationships. It's hard, and you feel like you have everyone, but no one has you. Talk about it. Talk to someone who appreciates you. Find someone who will put up with you and make an effort to understand you. Most importantly, learn how to stand up alone in silence.
It does get rough, and as a person, you will feel the harshest depths of reality doom upon you, but don't let it rot you or force you to lose yourself.

© Copyright 2023 MF (mfwriting at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303250-When-You-Feel-Alone