*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303257-Toilet-Paper-King
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Health · #2303257
Toilet Paper King
Toilet paper king COVID writers’ cramp


         When COVID hit the world and the world went into lockdown mode, Joe Lewis was living in Oregon, Medford, Oregon, where he owned some rental properties. He took measures into his own hands, and make your own lucky day so to speak by secretly buying up toilet paper and then selling it retail as a black-market operation on the side. Taking advantage of his older adult status, he drove around town selling toilet paper, and hand sanitizers out of his Subaru outback. On International Toilet Paper Day by August, he sold his last lot as the pandemic-led panic shortages had abated.

         He said to himself, "Well I was glad I could help people out during their hour of need and I made some serious cash as well." He smiled to himself, then caught COVID-19 and ended up in the hospital dying of COVID-related complications. The doctors knew him as the toilet paper king and they saved his life in the end as he told them “ Make your own lucky day”.

new prompt: Tomorrow, August 26, is both Make Your Own Lucky Day and National Toilet Paper Day. For your story or poem, combine these two observances in some creative way.

{font: impact}
© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303257-Toilet-Paper-King