*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303578-Streams-in-the-South
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Inspirational · #2303578
The Ramon Crater provides both physical and spiritual refreshment for thousands of years.
Do you feel like your life is a dry, scorching desert where every step you take is like sinking in sand, you’re thirsting for a cup of God’s refreshing blessings, and you don’t know how much longer you can hold on?

If so, I’ve got something exciting and encouraging to share with you.

There’s a natural phenomenon that’s been regularly occurring in Israel for many centuries. It’s referred to in the Bible as the “Streams of the South.”

The “South” refers to the Negev Desert in southern Israel. This region is a rocky, barren land where very little vegetation grows. It’s a harsh land. To live in such a land means a harsh life. Maybe you can relate to that.

In the Negev Desert is a massive, dry riverbed called the Zin River. Most of the year, this river doesn’t have a drop of water in it. It’s as arid and rocky as the rest of the region.

BUT!!! Several miles to the north are mountains and a natural crater not made by volcanoes or meteors. (It was specifically handmade by God I believe). In the winter, rains begin to fall into the mountains, filling up this crater.

Now mind you, when it’s raining up in the mountains, the people down in the Negev can’t see it. All they can see is this never-ending, dusty desert surrounding them.

Meanwhile, if the rains in the mountains are heavy enough and continue through April, then God’s special pizzazz happens.

The rainwater in the Ramon Crater overflows and becomes like a rollercoaster, speeding with a mighty force down the dusty canyon, gushing through the dry stream beds, and filling up the barren Zin River with the swiftness of a flash flood.

For thousands of years, the locals have looked forward to this phenomenon and rejoice when they see it. It occurs every year to some degree, but every few years, the river fills up more abundantly than expected.

In Psalm 126, the Israelites begged God to restore them “as the streams in the South.” They longed for God to send blessings upon them quickly and abundantly like the overflow of the rainwater from the Ramon Crater.

So what does this have to do with you and me when life becomes like a desert for us? Well, see God has created natural wonders like this to demonstrate something to us.

Sometimes, life gets harsh and you’re begging God to come do something for you, to bring you showers of blessings, but it “looks” like He’s not listening because you don’t “see” any results.

But just like the locals of the Negev Desert can’t see the rain falling in the mountains, you can’t see what God is doing for you.

However, when God says it’s time—--the mighty force of His orchestration will come flowing to you and fill you up with joy and refreshment.

Sometimes, these blessings are just enough for what we need, and other times, God floods you with so much you cannot even believe it. Life is like this. God demonstrates His orchestration and love through this geographical feature.

Oh and guess what? That crater which is the “source” of the flooding in the Negev Desert? It’s shaped like an elongated heart. Just as God (who is Love itself) is the “source” of your joy and fulfillment.

Yeah… see, God made all this on purpose a long, long time ago so you and I can see that His love never changes. His love keeps going on and on for as long as He created this earth, the Negev Desert, and the streams in the South.

So whenever you feel down, dry, and dusty and need some refreshment, just remember that somewhere where you can't see, God is building up the flood of blessings to flow out to you when the time is right. You just keep trusting Him. That’s what He asks of you and me.

(Written by Karelyn Roberts 8-30-23)


© Copyright 2023 Sweet Georgia Brown (writer4god at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303578-Streams-in-the-South