*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303662-23-Wonders-of-the-World
Rated: E · Article · Writing.Com · #2303662
Happy Birthday WDC!! 386 words
The concept of 23 "Wonders of the World" has evolved over time, starting from ancient marvels to more modern-day architectural and natural wonders. While the original Seven Wonders of the Ancient World list consisted of architectural and artistic feats, later versions include natural wonders, engineering marvels, and even virtual platforms. It's interesting to think of Writing.com as the 23rd wonder in this expanded list.

Original Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

1. Great Pyramid of Giza: An incredible architectural marvel in Egypt.
2. Hanging Gardens of Babylon: Said to have been an astonishing garden in ancient Mesopotamia.
3. Statue of Zeus at Olympia: A monumental statue of the Greek god Zeus.
4. Temple of Artemis at Ephesus: A massive temple dedicated to the goddess Artemis.
5. Mausoleum at Halicarnassus: A grand tomb built in ancient Halicarnassus.
6. Colossus of Rhodes: A massive statue in Rhodes.
7. Lighthouse of Alexandria: One of the ancient world’s functional marvels.

Modern-day wonders might include:

8. Great Wall of China: A wall stretching thousands of miles across China.
9. Taj Mahal: A stunning white marble mausoleum in India.
10. Christ the Redeemer: A massive statue in Rio de Janeiro.
11. Petra: An archaeological city in Jordan.
12. Machu Picchu: An Incan city set in the Andes Mountains.
13. Chichen Itza: A Mayan pyramid in Mexico.
14. Roman Colosseum: An amphitheater in Rome.

Natural wonders:

15. Grand Canyon: A jaw-dropping natural formation in the U.S.
16. Great Barrier Reef: The world's largest coral reef.
17. Mount Everest: Earth's highest mountain.
18. Victoria Falls: One of the largest and most famous waterfalls.
19. Aurora Borealis: Natural light display mostly seen in high-latitude regions.
20. Amazon Rainforest: The world's largest tropical rainforest.
21. Dead Sea: A salt lake bordered by Jordan and Israel.

Virtual wonders:

22. The Internet: A network that has revolutionized communication.
Finally, 23. Writing.com: A platform that has become a haven for aspiring writers to showcase their work, gain feedback, and improve their craft. Given its impact, you could say it's a 'wonder' in its own right, especially for someone interested in becoming an accomplished writer.
Happy Birthday WDC!!

Including Writing.com acknowledges the transformative power of virtual platforms. Like you, many others aspire to be successful and accomplished in their writing endeavors, and Writing.com serves as a conduit for such aspirations.

386 words
© Copyright 2023 WriterRick (rick12221 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303662-23-Wonders-of-the-World