*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303738-A-lonely-lich
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Avgn
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2303738
A lich full of distaste looking to find a place to fade into obscurity
Wandering through a forest a undead lich a monster known for evil death destruction with one purpose to destroy and create abominations ,but this lich was simply wandering trying to find a place to call a home. The lich is dressed in a robe with a giant circle in the middle with 4 lines coming out. 2 of the lines wrap up and along the the waist and end with snake heads where the shoulder blades would be on the robe. The lower part of the robe breaks off into a spiral pattern with snakes heads ending up around where his ankles would be. His skull a fine jewel engrained into his forehead above where his nose would be the jewel even complements his glowing blue eyes witch shine bright in the darkest nights striking fear into many. The lich has no legs and simply floats where he goes as his ribs and arms mainly fill the robe. Furthermore this undead lich he carries a book that reeks of evil. The book he holds was thought to be lost in the great war against the demon Dezgan and is his personal spell book for raising the dead and summoning demons and abomination from the realm of chaos. As the lich wanders aimlessly he begins to talk to himself.

“The living have so much I don’t have, they’re free to walk this earth with joy happiness love as I walk it with anger ,hate and solace.”

“All I want is a home yet I can’t find one from the ever expanding living.”

“All I want is peace and quite away from them yet they always find me a pest I can never get rid of no mater how many I destroy.”

As the lich walks lost deep in thought he realizes he stumble upon a gate to a forgotten broken down small village. He looks at an old sign that he believes to be the name of this abandoned community it reads Stanlow. The lich looks out in front of him and sees there are 7 houses that are all one story peasant stone houses all of them are damaged some worse than others. Many having holes in both there tough stone walls and straw roofing almost all gone on the houses except for one better protected under a massive tree. As the lich looks around he finds old crates emptied abandoned its contents never to be known. As he looks around he finds a couple of horse drawn wagons all in horrible condition many of them wheels broken nature taking its toll on the wood once well maintained. He looked around find a small stable area containing 3 horse skeletons laying about with roughly 7 remains of people there bleached skulls standing out amongst the ground. as the lich looks in the houses he sees many skeltons sone with arrows in them where he assumes there organs once were. As he walked around he found a small graveyard and counted of 17 gravestones He look at all the names wondering what could have happened. He grabs his book and opens it flipping through the pages till he finds what he was looking for a magic spell few can use and even fewer know off. The spell in question lets him peer into the past seeing the memories of either the dead or living. He uses the spell to peers into the past to see what happened and what he sees doesn’t surprise him only reinforcing his image that humans are heartless monsters worse then him. The lich accesses the memories of all the collected dead laying about seeing that this was once a small sentiment that was slowly flourishing growing small fields now lost and consumed by nature. Everything was perfect until they were attacked and brutally murdered by heartless bandits and marauders looking only for coin and supplies leaving no survivors so no one would truely know what happened to the settlers.

“These humans so untrustworthy many of them use influence to get what they want destroying people around them.”

“I suppose I could use sone friends in this lonely world so rise my hateful souls join me on this pilgrimage to find a forever home.”

The lich flips to the book of a magic circle and easily make it as he prepares to focus his manna. Then suddenly green light fly’s out hitting every skeleton a mass spell to raise all dead in the village raising a grand total of 34 undead low level skeleton warriors and a total of 3 undead skeletal stallions. As he got accountability of his new mindless friends he had 2 Skeleton pairs mount 2 of the skeletal steeds as the rest got into a formation designed to protect the lich best they can as he mounts the last steed he looks at an old path assumably to the fields the village once used as he plans to continue his journey to find a suitable base of operations

To be continued or not will see…
© Copyright 2023 Avgn (avgn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303738-A-lonely-lich