*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303747-Shadowbrook
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2303747
Short story, not yet finished but now I have block.
I have waited all my life to be killed; seems pretty ominous right? But after all, everyone else in the town is dead. In our quaint little town, which was dubbed "Shadowbrook" in the 1800s, there is nothing but a thin line between the living and the nonliving. And only a few years after living there, the townspeople discovered how to manipulate it. Here's a bit of backstory; in 1813, explorers stumbled upon a clearing. After resting, a small stream of dark water was discovered. Curious to find the source, the explorers followed the stream only to find a dead end. Upon digging, they found that the stream continued underground. However, even after digging for hours, they realized it just continued on forever. Never ending. Intrigued by this mystery, they decided to settle there, and named the town Shadowbrook, after the dark water. Many years later, a secret within the water was discovered. The elixir of death. And it's almost my turn.
© Copyright 2023 AJblurryface (ajblurryface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303747-Shadowbrook