*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304405-My-Dark-Soul
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Dark · #2304405
My trauma, something I see everyday, this is more to aid me but I hope it helps others.
I can see it, the shadows of mockery that stand before me.
I wander, deep within this forest of false hope, a lie I wander in, a lie that hides the flame.
I can see temptation forcing its way into my heart, temptation deluding my own mind, temptation scorching my own soul.
Some days it wins, some days it kills me, tricking my dark soul into giving in.
But… Some days it loses.
You roar at me, slashing claws and bearing teeth at me as I stand before you, the only thing keeping me alive is this flame around my neck for it is the only thing that reminds me of why I began venturing into this forest to begin with.
You may tear at me with your words.
You may cause me physical torment with your visions.
You may kill me with your seductive mimics of the flame I fight for!
But I know that the true flame resides within me, it stands here strong! On my neck her name has been etched with the color of her violet flame infused scales! On my desk a jade rock reminiscent of her eyes keeps me sane!
In my mind her symbol has not been broken! I know she fights with me everyday, I know how special she is! I understand her and I know that these…copies of her are not real…
Patronize all you want, devil.
You will not win, you will not kill, I will tell the story of the lost flame.
Her story will be known!!! Until then I shall stay alive, my dark soul will continue to thrive in this desolate forest and live to fight another day!
God, if my life were to be taken by the unfortunate, promise me…You will protect this flame… Promise me that you shall look over the soils of life that fought alongside me…
Keep the flame alive, keep my soul... alive.
© Copyright 2023 Fernando (seasack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304405-My-Dark-Soul