*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304407-Living-in-Peace
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Women's · #2304407
memoir seeking literary agent
https://biteable.com/watch/4004172/0ab5584b317fdc9f126015f949927842


If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live at peace with all men, says the Bible, in Romans 12:18. And that is exactly what we were doing, living in peace, with the only person in the whole, wild, world - bushes everywhere, no electricity, no sights, except for the two of us - he, his wife and five children, and dad, mum, me, and my three siblings. We were good neighbours, I schooled with two of his kids, and dad often gave him a ride when he was going out of town, something mama wasn’t so pleased with, since she did not trust him. She was right. That was the day he could no longer hold back, what he actually felt towards us... At the time, we had electricity, and on that night, it rained, and like it happens whenever it rains, the lights went off. However, that was an act of God – the power cut, the rain, and the thunder that struck, seconds before the shot was fired.
© Copyright 2023 humoursense (humoursense at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304407-Living-in-Peace