*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304437-Simba-gets-a-surprise
by laure
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2304437
Set in "The Lion King" world. It's a short tale that popped in my head. A light, fun read.
Once upon a time, in the vast and majestic Pride Lands of Africa, the Circle of Life continued to spin its eternal thread, weaving the destinies of all living creatures. At the heart of this wondrous kingdom stood Pride Rock, where Simba, the lion king, ruled with wisdom and benevolence, together with his beloved queen, Nala. The Pride Lands were at peace, and the bountiful Savannah stretched as far as the eye could see.

One warm and sun-drenched day, the denizens of the Pride Lands were filled with excitement. Simba and Nala's cub, Kiara, had organized a grand gathering by the waterhole. It was an occasion for celebration, and all the lionesses and cubs, as well as some of the other animal residents, had gathered to partake in the festivities.

Amongst the lionesses who had gathered was a trio of Simba's closest female friends: Sarabi, Sarafina, and Zira. They had known Simba since he was a cub, and their bond was unbreakable. As they observed the festivities, an idea sparked in their minds - a plan to give Simba a surprise makeover.

Sarabi, the wise and gentle lioness, whispered to her companions, "Wouldn't it be delightful to give Simba a makeover, just for fun? He's been a little too serious lately, and I think it would lift his spirits."

Sarafina, known for her grace and elegance, nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, and we could turn him into a lioness for a day, just to see how he'd react! It'll be a hilarious surprise."

Zira, the spirited and daring one of the trio, grinned mischievously. "I'm in! Let's make it a challenge - we'll need to make him look like any other female lion, with his long mane gone."

The three lionesses exchanged secretive smiles, and their plan was set in motion.

As the day of the makeover approached, Sarafina and Zira went out to collect some supplies, while Sarabi devised a clever diversion to keep Simba away from Pride Rock. She convinced him that he needed some "kingly" time alone to reflect on his responsibilities. Simba, trusting Sarabi's wisdom, agreed and left Pride Rock for the day.

Meanwhile, Sarafina and Zira gathered feathers, leaves, and other materials they could use to create a convincing disguise for Simba. They even enlisted the help of Rafiki, the wise baboon, who provided them with a special mixture of dyes and scents to make Simba look like a lioness.

When the appointed day arrived, the trio of lionesses worked tirelessly to transform Simba. They first gently removed his majestic mane, a symbol of his kingship, leaving him with a sleek and feminine appearance. Then, they meticulously applied the dyes and scents provided by Rafiki, making sure every inch of his fur was convincing.

As they worked, Simba's patience was tested, but he had no idea of the surprise that awaited him. He was simply grateful for the opportunity to spend quality time with his trusted friends.

Hours later, the transformation was complete. Simba looked into a pond and saw a reflection that shocked him. He gasped as he stared at his lioness-like appearance. "I look just like one of the lionesses," he exclaimed.

Sarabi, Sarafina, and Zira couldn't contain their laughter. "That's the point, Simba!" Sarabi said, grinning. "We wanted to see if you could walk in our paws for a day."

Simba chuckled, amused by their elaborate prank. "You got me good. But what do we do now?"

With a twinkle in her eye, Zira suggested, "Let's go join Kiara's gathering by the waterhole. See how everyone reacts to the 'new lioness' in town."

As Simba, now disguised as a lioness, approached the waterhole with his friends, the other lionesses and cubs were taken aback. Whispers and giggles filled the air as they tried to figure out who this newcomer was.

Kiara, recognizing her father's eyes behind the disguise, couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Dad, you look fabulous!"

Simba spent the day playing and laughing with the other lionesses and cubs, embracing the carefree spirit of the Pride Lands. He realized that sometimes, a little fun and laughter were essential even for a king.

As the sun dipped below the horizon and the day came to a close, Simba returned to Pride Rock with his friends. Sarabi, Sarafina, and Zira reveled in their successful prank, knowing that they had brought joy and laughter to their king's heart.

Simba gazed at himself in the water one last time, still in awe of his transformed appearance. He turned to his friends and said, "Thank you, my dear lionesses, for reminding me of the importance of laughter and friendship. And for showing me that sometimes, it's okay to let go and have a little fun."

With that, the trio of lionesses and the newly transformed "lioness" shared a hearty laugh, celebrating a day of unforgettable memories in the ever-joyous Pride Lands. The Circle of Life continued to turn, and Simba, the lion king, knew that laughter and friendship were just as essential as wisdom and responsibility in maintaining the balance of his kingdom.
© Copyright 2023 laure (mrs-leia1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304437-Simba-gets-a-surprise