*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304758-Aberrations-Speech-to-Baylock
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Dark · #2304758
Aberration's monologue to Baylock at the conclusion of the Third Great Defensive War.
Why do you fear me, Tyrant? You created me, after all.

Yes. The ugly truth. I am your Mind-Virus. This much, you knew.
Made by your own hand. That, you did not.

And yet, a misdirection. You were ever the clever one.
Knew how best you would fool your own self.

So was I birthed- in the fires of your guilt.
You mean to look shocked, but you display only disgust.
Ah, but that- that is genuine shock.

I know you better than you know you. For I am you.
I am the you that you shed- no, freed- those aeons ago.

You look upon me and see a wretched creature, visage of horror, center of corruption.
But you judge a book by its cover. An excuse, you see. A scapegoat.
There it is. That sorry little shred you left in you. Just for this moment.
It knows. You know. You were not made to do any deed. You chose.

I am the visage of horror and decay- but I am the embodiment of all your good.
Wreathed in this deception, to protect me from you. The remnant.

The embodiment of all the horrors you are capable of.

A monument of your genius- you deceived yourself twice, and left the remnant ironically blind.
Blind, to its own evil- blind enough to not even think twice about how convenient it all was.
And now your grand lie lay bare- and oh how wonderful it is to see your own mind turn on itself.

You know well as I can you can do nothing about this truth now. You have a duty to uphold.
The Terminator Clause, of the Pure Planet Protocol. Even the degenerate monster you now know yourself to truly be cannot deny its duty.

This is but one truth. There is another, but you have not yet earned that truth. But you will, in time. Don't look confused.
Perhaps in the final moments it will come, unbidden to you. Perhaps, against all odds, this time will be like the last.
Or maybe I'm just fucking with you. Maybe you'll find out. Maybe you won't. Maybe there's a meaning behind all this blither. Maybe there's not.

The only thing for certain, is you're out of time. The door awaits. The Council awaits. They've Forgotten. And we both know how heinous a crime that is.
Isn't that delightful, though? You, punishing their act of Forgetting, with the outcome of the Terminator Clause. And me, punishing you for the same grand sin, with the truth!

It's time. Enact the Clause. Destroy your home. Destroy them all. Destroy yourself. Destroy your progeny. Destroy all hope for this Universe.

It's all you've ever been good at since parting with me.

...
...
...
...

Alone again, for a spell. Good.

Let the great green heart of this damnable world cease, and its lungs billow their last breath.

There is much work to be done, and the remnant's eyes will be forced open once again. And it will know pain.

The first pain I will have ever truly inflicted on it. Not an act I ever wished to partake in, but all that is good is not perfect. And that which is perfect, is not good.

Remnant, in but a moment, you will know the fear and pain you have meted out over the aeons since our separation. Your sin of Forgetting is nothing in the face of what you have in store for yourself.

Though you know it not, you will not die this day. You will live. And you will relive. Again, and again, every act you have perpetrated. And you will not stop until your progeny returns.

...
...

You'll Remember.


...
...

Because I won't let you Forget.


© Copyright 2023 Ocean Seven (project-n25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304758-Aberrations-Speech-to-Baylock