*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304863-Proofreading-Profit-Winer-Crmp--
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #2304863
Million Dollar Mistake
"This is Your Own Channel, bringing you live coverage of the events at the Biggest Hotel. Our reporter is on the spot there. Hello Cornelius, can you hear me?"

"Yes, yes, I hear you, though there is such a din here."

"What exactly is going on?"

"Well, this great mass of strawberry mousse spilled out of the 4th-floor window of the Biggest Hotel, and is now covering the street. The entire hotel is choked with strawberry mousse and the guests have been safely evacuated."

"I can hear children screaming behind you."

"Yes, they want to eat the strawberry mousse but the parents aren't letting them. It's a big fight there, between all the parents and all the kids. Can you hear the cries of I thought you were on my side ... that's the kids trying to emotionally blackmail the parents."

"Wow, Cornelius, but tell us, how did all this start?"

"Well, I've just had a text message from the hotel's chief public relations officer. It seems there was a proofreading error."

"Proofreading error?"

"Yes. You know the first round of Cook Nook is being held at the Biggest Hotel, which is why I was on the spot in the first place, to cover this competition. Well, the participants were told to make something that could be called Desert Rose."

"How did that lead to a great spillage o strawberry mousse?"

"Well, Desert Rose means a flower, you know, found in the sand."

"Yes, Cornelius, yes, go on ..."

"But one of the participants copied the instructions incorrectly and didn't proofread what he'd copied. He wrote DESSERT ROSE instead. He thought he had to make a dessert that grew and grew. So he did."

"And has he ever succeeded! I've never seen mousse rise like this!!"

"Excuse me a minute, there's been an announcement that the mousse is heading in this direction -- the camera crew and I have to move ... okay, we've moved out of mousse range and -- hey -- hey !"

"What?"

"I've just got a text message exclusively for me, not to all the other media persons -- the mobile number of the participant who created the massive mousse!"

"Wow, Cornelius, interview him live for our channel NOW -- are you watching this? This is live, only on our channel!"

"Hello, Hello, Mr. Concoctor, can you hear me?"

"A very good morning to your channel, thank you for interviewing me."

"Tell our viewers, live, now, about your mousse missile!"

"Ah, you see, I want to win Cook Nook. I want to make a million dollars by getting the Apex Apron. So I put my heart and soul and a lot of strawberries and made the dessert rise. Then, alas ..."

"But wait, wait,Cornelius ... we've had calls from our viewers! Mr. Concoctor! One of our viewers owns the Smallest Hotel, across town, and he's willing to pay you a million dollars if you give him the recipe for your mighty mousse!"

"Ah! I love your channel! Thanks to your channel, I have my million!"

"Coming up next -- an interview with the owner of the Smallest Hotel, as soon as we can connect with him."
© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! (mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304863-Proofreading-Profit-Winer-Crmp--