*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305218-Stuck
by bibiz
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2305218
this a short story about a vampire and his ferret being stuck in a mission


Red eyes staring at me as i'm pacing back and forth in the little dark office I made for myself.

"What are you looking at, Vermilion?" I hissed with a harsh voice at the white ferret.

"You know, when your mother assigned me to be your companion; i never thought I would have to endure your attitude." the ferret calmly replied as if the little thing was bored and adequate to this story.


"I'm tired, Ver. So exhausted. I need all this to come to an end as soon as possible and fu-"

"Language!" yelled Vermilion with a superior grin.

"I'm not 7 years old anymore, you don't have to keep up with the language bullshit. I no longer need to be languaged by mother's pet" Lukariah sighed and mumbled under his breath.

When Luka's father passed away he was 6, soon to be 7 years of age, alongside his big brother, his mother became overly protective and assigned her favorite servant, Vermilion, the mission to look after little Luka.

Vermilion just closed his eyes unbothered by the boy's words and made himself comfortable by the pile of endless crumpled paper on the ground. He stared at the boy again with distant eyes. He can't believe how much the boy has grown. He is truly no longer the little boy who's wizard dad and brother passed away. He has grown up into a handsome and frightful vampire. Lukariah lost the youth and childlike selfhood when his mother had to make the announcement of the family loss. He no longer cared for playing in the garden, or playing cards with the servants of the family home. Now his only purpose was finding a way to bring his brother and father back to life.

"Vermilion?" the boy asked hesitantly and with a distant tone. "Do you think we can do this? We are finally on the right track to find The infinite cup."

Vermilion contemplated and said the most cruel thing he could have uttered- Luka thought: "Are we really on the right track? You burnt the map and instructions for the temple inside the map within minutes after discovering it in that witches' old hut."

Stuck.

Stuck.

Stuck.

They were stuck again. No map, no temple, and most definitely no Infinite cup. They were stuck again for the millionth time with nowhere to search for a new clue.

When Luka first started training, he was only 7 years old. He began training for a life adventure of dangers, struggles and disappointments. His mother initiated the hunt for all the objects right after Their deaths. There are three objects- The soul box, The eye of the Witch,,, and The infinite cup. And with the power of a powerful witch, you can bring people back to life. But now they are stuck.

© Copyright 2023 bibiz (httpspuppy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305218-Stuck