*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305237-The-lair-of-the-God-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2305237
Continuation from Stillness of the Cold Blade PT2
The Lair of the God (2)

The area changed in a heartbeat. Joseph looked to the left and then to the right. He was no longer propped up next to a pillar in the exterior grand hall but somewhere else. Looking at his lap, he noticed even his slain loved ones were no longer in sight. The floor was cold, and the surroundings were poorly lit. It looked like a tile floor made out of transparent glass. It was transparent with no bottom, only darkness underneath, which held him above the jaws of Oblivion.


Moving his hands, he felt pins and needles of pain shooting through them. It felt hazy, sort of like the feeling when your arm goes to sleep. He gathered his strength and rose to his feet. Amazed, his pool of blood was no longer where his body once had laid.


He thought, 'So, this is the other side, but I wonder.' Looking at his surroundings, one couldn't help but be curious to explore further. Traversing forward, he noticed no end to this smooth, grid-like floor; it continued forever. Silence was accompanied everywhere in this realm; not even the wind blowing by the ear could be heard.


Then Joseph heard something; it sounded like a man calling out in the darkness. The shouting startled Joseph at first because it was the only sound that broke the silence. The man still called out for help as Joseph headed in the direction from where the man was calling. The cries for help reminded him of battlefields past those that would call out they were mortally wounded. Moving with great speed, Joseph closed in on the position of where the man was calling.


He was met by a strange, small shanty hut, a very unexpected surprise. There was no light emitting from within the house. If the man stopped calling out, it would have been easy to walk past and never notice. Approaching the door, Joseph knocked on the old wooden door. The man called out from within the house again, this time being much closer; without hesitation, Joseph plunged his foot into the wooden door as it broke open effortlessly, pieces of the door scattered on the floor.


"I'm inside; where are you at!" Joseph stated, looking for and searching for this lost soul.


Joseph stood stunned for a minute, "what madness is this?" he was met with a room of mirrors, which concealed where this man was. Cautiously approaching, he moved in and began to navigate the funhouse maze of mirrors that lay before him. It wouldn't have been so difficult if it wasn't so damn dark. Something was in here with him, and he suspected it.


Moving forward, it moved right by him, the reflection projecting off all of the mirrors in this hellish maze. It immediately placed Joseph on a swivel to turn around and look behind him. When he did, no one was there, again behind him, someone or something walking by him reflected on all the walls. Joseph took a breath but was startled again.


"Help me, someone, I'm lost." The strange voice cried out.
"I'm coming," Joseph stated in response.


Navigating further, he made his way to seemless the middle of the maze, where a man appeared completely unnerved. Was this the man calling out to me all this time? Joseph approached but slowed his pace as he drew closer. He knew who this man was, but what was he doing in such a dismal place as this?


Now walking forward, no longer rushing, the frantic man turned to face Joseph, and Joseph's suspicions were confirmed. What the hell was Justice doing here? Joseph balled up his fist, preparing to fight Justice unarmed if need be, a second fight in the immaterial realm this time.


"You!" They both shouted at the same time. Justice Clammered to his feet, no doubt feeling the same pins and needless that Joseph felt earlier when first coming to this place. The two were to come to blows when they were both immediately interrupted by a flash of light blinding both men. They appear not to be alone, and those lying in wait have other plans for their futures.

© Copyright 2023 K.D.Hobbs (k.d.hobbs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305237-The-lair-of-the-God-2