*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305253-The-healthiest-food-in-the-world
Rated: E · Article · Health · #2305253
This is the healthiest food in the world and should be included in your diet.
A healthy diet is essential for good health and disease prevention. However, most people do not follow a healthy diet due to laziness or lack of knowledge.

Vegetables and fruits are one of the pillars of maintaining a healthy diet. In this regard, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) concluded that the healthiest and most beneficial vegetable is watercress.

It should be noted that watercress should be used fresh and washed thoroughly before use to avoid bacterial contamination. Also, if you have thyroid problems, consult a health professional before consuming large amounts of watercress, as it contains compounds that can interfere with thyroid function. All the useful properties of watercress


Watercress, on the other hand, is an aquatic plant characterized by its spicy and refreshing taste. In addition to being used as an ingredient in salads and prepared dishes, watercress has several beneficial health benefits:

1. Nutritious: Watercress is rich in essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A, calcium, iron and iodine.

2. Antioxidants: Watercress contains antioxidants such as carotenoids and phenolic compounds that help protect cells from free radical damage and may have anti-inflammatory properties.

3. Promotes eye health: Watercress is a good source of vitamin A, which is important for eye health. Vitamin A helps maintain good vision and can help prevent age-related eye diseases such as macular degeneration.

4. Strengthen the immune system: watercress contains vitamin C, which is necessary for the proper functioning of the immune system. Vitamin C helps strengthen the body's defenses against infection and disease.

5. Anti-cancer properties: Some studies suggest that compounds in watercress, such as isothiocyanates, may have anti-cancer properties by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells and promoting programmed cell death.

6. Promotes cardiovascular health: Watercress contains compounds that help lower blood pressure and improve circulation. In addition, its nitrate content can improve blood vessel function and promote heart health.

7. Detoxifying properties: Watercress has diuretic properties that help flush out toxins from the body. It can also help stimulate digestion and promote the elimination of waste products from the digestive system.
© Copyright 2023 Paola Ubilla Rojas (paolaubilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305253-The-healthiest-food-in-the-world