*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305304-Eternal-Feud-I
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2305304
The feud between two brothers locked in a battle for honor with two means of obtaining it.
Chapter 1: Apparent Grudges!

1605 A.D
8 YEARS AGO IN EDO, JAPAN
During a Hot Summer day A father is outside instructing his two sons. The eldest son, nineteen years old Shindo is sparring against his younger brother of two years, Kumo. Shindo is moving in the blink of an eye attacking Kumo's blindspots, only inflicting light injuries angering Kumo. "Stop playing games with me, I know I lost." says Kumo "You know I don't enjoy sparring because I only fight to kill." says Shindo showing off his murderous intent through his Red Eyes.

As they were talking a Woman in a Pink Kimono walks up to them. The woman greets them and addresses Shindo, "Hey love, are you still sparring I'm waiting for you to finish." Shindo responds with a smile saying "Hey, Hailey were just finishing up, don't stress it's not good for the baby." he said referring to her pregnant belly.

Kumo's Perspective
Our family, The Zaidan's comes from a long line of Famous Samurai's known for our swordsmanship. Originally our ancestors were servants from the African Igbo tribe, but we managed to rise in status. My Father arranged for my brother to marry a Daimyo's daughter from the Oyama family. A year ago he married her, I thought it was too early but he's always been ambitious. Not only is he ambitious he's also extremely talented, he can move in the blink of an eye and strike with the force of a bolder. He's even earned a name amongst other Samurai being referred to as 'The Silent Samurai'.

Third Person
After speaking a bit more Shindo left with Hailey while Kumo continued training. later that Night Kumo wearing his armor goes to bring a message to his Daimyo, Hailey's father Kai Oyama. As he walked through the temple he felt a strange feeling in the air. He noticed the Daimyo's door unlocked so he entered to see, and saw Shindo standing over the Daimyo's corpse. "What happened here?!" demanded Kumo loudly "Keep your voice down or you're next!" Shindo replied coldly with a grin.

Kumo drew his sword and attacked his brother with a downward strike, which Shindo effortlessly dodged with a sidestep utilizing speed and counterattacking with a stab into his armpit barely missing his artery. Kumo instinctively grasps his wound as Shindo punches him in the chest shattering the armor protecting Kumo. Shindo then leaves the room and rushes to his wife finding her sleep he wakes her. "Sweetheart, I've discovered something... Kumo killed your father." she jolted up after hearing this "You're joking aren't you?" she asked and he responded with a headshake. He then guided her to her father's office where she seen her father dead as Kumo was rising from the floor grasping a katana. "GUARDS!" screamed Hailey. The guards rushed to the Office and she commanded them to arrest Kumo "I'm innocent it was Shindo!" he pleaded but to no avail.

No one payed attention to Kumo's words and attempted to apprehend him to which he reacted violently. Kumo made up his mind to flee and jumped out the window and fled into the night never to be seen again. A week later Shindo became the new Daimyo inheriting it from his late father-in-law, around the same time Hailey conceived a son named Kazan Zaidan.
© Copyright 2023 BiteTheDuck (bitetheduck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305304-Eternal-Feud-I