*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305388-Unresponsive-Love
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #2305388
Storyline of a couple and their deadly altercation over infidelity.
"Why don't you love me!?", a deep voice yells out in the kitchen area.
A soft tone shouts, "How can you say I don't love you... after all the ... you know what it, doesn't even matter. We are supposed to be moving forward right?"
"Nothing ever matters to you anymore and I just can't understand what I did to make you this way. You know babe, at one point in time you used to cherish the grown I walk on. Now there's nothing but coldness" he explained.
"You made me this way, but this isn't a good time right now. Grace is here and you know how I feel about arguing around children."
as she walks away he grabs her arm harshly
"It's never the right time for you," he says slyly.
She pulls her arm from his hands and because she is aware that Grace has been listening behind the walls, she goes to comfort her.

"Hey baby girl, how was your day and trip with Daddy" she says warmly.
"It was so good we had fun and we even met a lady," Grace says excitedly. Grace is 5 years old and nothing but a bag of joy.
"Oh, how cool? did you have fun with the lady?" she responds, trying to ignore the curious thoughts as to what lady she is referring to but planning to bring it up in a later conversation since the tension is already high.
"Yess, come here" She signals her to bring her ear closer and whispers "She left shoes in my bag, do you want to see?"
"What do you mean Grace" Her voice gets a little more concerned, but she is determined to keep her composure.
"C'mon let me show you"!

Grace takes her hand and leads her into the living room. Her tiny hands pull the beige travel bag towards them and unzip it. Inside are some pink adult heels that don't belong to either of them.
"Aren't they prettyyyy!": Gracey says.
Before tolerance for the emotional flood can even be considered, tears start to flood down her face.
"What's wrong Empress." Gracey inquires.

Grace's voice was nothing but a muffle to her at this moment. She starts making her way back to the kitchen area and she sees in her mind's eye a replay of every past woman that he has betrayed her for. Women he claimed he had no care for but when the revelation came it only revealed her belly was just full of his lies. The dark emotions possessed her; they were just too indomitable. She turned around with the shoe and demanded answers with her voice:

"Drell! Who the hell shoe is this?"
"It's Grace's shoe," he says nonchalantly.
"Are you freaking kidding me right now! To lie in my face and say this is Grace's shoe when you and I know it belongs to another WOMAN!"

The shoe flies across the kitchen and Drell ducks just in time before it can make contact with him. He is enraged as he receives a flashback of being abused as a child. The Blind rage sends him charging at her! As his large heavy palm dashes across her face, Grace screams and starts to cry.

His deep voice thunders, "Empress, how many times do I have to tell you, don't come to me asking about another woman?"
As he starts to charge at her more aggressively, she says "Grace go in your room please"
Grace's cries and tiny feet echo through the hallway. She leaves her door cracked and peeps through as they continue in their war.
Empress looks him in the eyes and says passionately, "I am leaving you!"

Drell was abandoned in his youthful days by his mom, part of him couldn't stand watching the woman who loved him the most just walk out of his life. Drell grabs her by the neck "You are not leaving me!" he says sternly. His hands get tighter around her neck and she is gasping for air but can't get enough of it. He lets go and as she gets the little air that she can he grabs her head and says "If you can't love me, you can't love no one". He viscously bangs her head to the ground and on impact there was suddenly nothing. No movement or response from her.

Coming back to his senses, he looks at her beautiful face. Slapping her ever so slightly "Woman get up!" he says, "Empress, get up!" he starts to shake her body but there is no response. His whole world starts to spin as he attempts CPR but still, no response.
Grace yells from the bedroom "Is she sleeping, Daddy?"
"Grace stay in your room" he responds nervously as he notices her lifeless body. Tears fall from his eyes as the blood rushes from the back of Empress' head.

© Copyright 2023 Queen Kee (scn333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305388-Unresponsive-Love