*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305634-Curse-of-the-Red-Brick-Plantation-Notes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Mystery · #2305634
notes and scribbles for story
Antagonist: The woman who casts the voodoo spell that curses the wealthy landowner and his generations.

Name: Nia Mabuto
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Date of Birth: June 12th
Job: Formerly a voodoo apprentice, now a slave
Appearance: Nia has rich, dark skin and expressive brown eyes. Her hair is tightly coiled and often adorned with colorful beads and feathers. She dresses in tattered garments, reflecting her current enslaved status.
Personality: Nia possesses a strong spirit, despite the hardships she has endured. She is resourceful, intelligent, and fiercely determined. Nia is compassionate and empathetic, always seeking to help others in need.
Motivations: Nia's ultimate goal is to escape slavery and reunite with her family. She also seeks to reclaim her heritage as a voodoo witch and protect her people from further harm.
Strengths: Nia is highly intuitive and possesses a deep connection to the spiritual realm. She is skilled in voodoo practices, such as healing, divination, and spellcasting. Nia is also physically agile, allowing her to navigate difficult situations with ease.
Weaknesses: Nia's traumatic past has left her with moments of vulnerability and self-doubt. She can be overly trusting at times, which can be exploited by others. Additionally, her lack of formal education limits her knowledge of the outside world.
Faults: Nia can be stubborn and headstrong, often refusing to back down from a challenge. This can sometimes lead her into dangerous situations. She also struggles with feelings of guilt, as she blames herself for being kidnapped and sold into slavery.
Abilities: Nia possesses a natural talent for voodoo magic. She can communicate with spirits, cast protective spells, and harness the power of nature to her advantage. Nia's abilities continue to develop as she learns more about her ancestral roots.
Quirks: Nia has a habit of humming traditional voodoo chants when deep in thought or during moments of concentration. She also carries a small pouch of sacred herbs and charms, which she believes bring her luck and protection.
Favorites: Nia finds solace in nature and enjoys spending time near bodies of water. She has a particular fondness for the sound of rain and finds it calming. Nia also cherishes her family heirloom, a small wooden talisman, which she keeps hidden for safekeeping.

* * * * * * * ** * * * * * * **


Location: Deep South of America
Illustration: A sprawling plantation house, with Spanish moss hanging from the trees and an air of mystery and decay. The house is surrounded by lush, overgrown gardens and swamps.

Environment: The environment is humid and filled with dense forests, swamps, and marshes. The air is heavy with the scent of magnolias and the sounds of cicadas fill the air. Thunderstorms are frequent, adding to the atmospheric and gothic nature of the setting.

Resources: The land is fertile, allowing for the cultivation of crops such as cotton, tobacco, and sugarcane. The swamps provide a habitat for various wildlife, including alligators and rare bird species. The area is also rich in natural resources such as timber and minerals.

Geography: The Deep South is characterized by its flat and low-lying terrain, with the Mississippi River running through the region. The land is crisscrossed by numerous rivers and bayous, creating a network of waterways. The coastline is dotted with barrier islands and marshlands.

Societies & Cultures: The region is known for its rich cultural heritage, influenced by African, Native American, and European traditions. There is a strong sense of community and hospitality, but also a history of racial tension and inequality. Voodoo and other folk practices have a significant presence, with many people believing in the power of curses and magic.

History: The history of the Deep South is marked by slavery, plantation life, and the legacy of the Civil War. The wealthy families who owned the plantations built their fortunes on the backs of enslaved people. The area still bears the scars of this dark past, with remnants of old plantations and slave quarters scattered throughout the region.

As time passed, the wealthy families fell into decline, and their grand homes became dilapidated. Legends and stories of curses and hauntings began to circulate, adding to the air of mystery and intrigue surrounding the area. The curse in question has haunted the wealthy family for generations, leading to tragedy and heartbreak.

Now, a young disabled woman finds herself caught in the midst of this tangled web of history and mystery. With her determination and resourcefulness, she must navigate the secrets and hidden truths of the past to save the life of a young boy and bring about redemption for the cursed family.













© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305634-Curse-of-the-Red-Brick-Plantation-Notes