*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305666-NaNo-Prep-Oct-2-Plot-Premise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rojodi
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #2305666
Plot Premise
Plot: Premise

Settings: Upstate New York during the 1990s. In and around the Capital Region and the upper Catskills. The fictional county of Charlotte NY will be used, as well as the real counties of Albany, Schenectady, and Schoharie.

Protagonist: Longfellow Mikolaj Dark, a widower with the gift of “Ghost Speak” – he can communicate with them, and them with him. He misses his late wife Vanessa greatly and wishes that her spirit would come to him. Those ghosts that he grew up talking with in his great-aunt’s brownstone tell him that she’s in a much better place, and he should be happy for her. All he wants to do is return to writing young adult novels and action/adventure novellas.

Conflict: He wrote a novella in high school in which the private detective found a legendary treasure hidden by a real-life gangster. Some people believe that he had already found it and was giving clues to its location. Unfortunately, the story came to him in a dream. He also wrote about the Iscariot Silver, another dream story.

Antagonists: He has two of them: Former Schoharie sheriff Duane Harrison, someone who has known the Michaux – his mother’s family – for four decades. He wants the gangster’s treasure; Etienne LaPierre, Jr, a former seminary student who came across the Silver novella and linked it to his family’s legend.
© Copyright 2023 Rojodi (rojodi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305666-NaNo-Prep-Oct-2-Plot-Premise