*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305682-The-Mysterious-House-On-The-Corner
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by D.B.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #2305682
31 Days of Halloween day 2
When I was growing up, there was a very creepy-looking mansion across the street where I went to elementary school. It was a beige house with three stories that had dilapidated brown frames around its dark, dirty windows and a pointy roof. No one seemed to live there, but it wasn't for sale either. I had heard stories that an angry woman who didn't like people used to live there but of course that could have just been imagination and speculation.

Every time I would walk to and from school the house would be looming from atop the steep street corner and glaring at whoever passed by. The windows sometimes felt like spooky piercing eyes and I always got an uncomfortable vibe walking near it. As much as I hated school it was always a relief when I hurried past it on the way there, away from its spooky presence.

After I grew up the house was demolished and a dentist office now sits where it used to be, and the scary house is now just a vague afterthought. But now and again, I still wonder what its true story really was.....


© Copyright 2023 D.B. (fishbone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305682-The-Mysterious-House-On-The-Corner