*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305889-PrepMo-2023-Day-Five-Story-Climax
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Assignment · Fantasy · #2305889
This is the turning point of my 2023 NaNo Novel
Icerna and Ignatius, with the help of Aelar and many others, will find a way to overthrow Lord Shadowbane. That is the one-liner response to “Where is this story going.” However, it will take a long while to get there. I feel like Lysandra and Kaelin will not understand the error of their ways in following the regime until it is too late. They will lose friends who will be killed or taken away by Shadowbane’s men. They will only understand the gravity of the situation once all-out war has been waged.
There will be losses on both sides. While the loss of Shadowbane’s warriors will not move the reader, the peril in which some of the dungeon guards find themselves will be a cause for some sadness. Some of these guards will be integral in orchestrating the rebellion. They, too, have lost friends and family and have been afraid for their own lives. They have been pushed into service as a last resort. Several of these guards will risk their own lives to aid Icerna and Ignatius and their rebellion. They feel death may be better than the servitude to which they have succumbed – with deplorable living conditions and long work hours. They have also been charged with keeping under control the worst of the criminal element in the kingdom. They, too, are kept on the verge of starvation, but still tasked with a great many duties.
Icerna and her mage army will know they have to act when they find out Shadowbane is about to start rounding up anyone who with magic powers or any sort. Because none of the mages have used their powers in years, even decades, they are quite rusty. Some are unsure if they can even conjure a spell correctly. Things will go wrong as they begin to use their powers again, but eventually they will prevail and win back the kingdom.
© Copyright 2023 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305889-PrepMo-2023-Day-Five-Story-Climax