*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305914-Oct-5-Plot-Climax
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rojodi
Rated: E · Other · Detective · #2305914
NaNo Prep Climax, just a short vignette.
Oct. 5: - Plot: Climax (Where is the story going?)

Longfellow looked at her and sighed. He couldn’t believe that he had been played like that. He was not a trained private investigator, but the time associated with those from his late wife’s law firm gave him some learned knowledge how to spot certain clues to whether a person is lying to him or misdirecting him. No, he didn’t see any of them. He now felt that her beauty and their past blinged him from seeing hints at her true nature.

He was played!

“Why?” he asked. He directed his head towards the large man pointing the pistol at him, the one who had been stalking him for the last month.

An evil grin came to her face, one that sent chills through his body. One that he had seen before, when he confronted Vanessa’s killer. “Why?” she said, rising from his desk. She closed the distance and sighed heavily. Leaning forward, she whispered, “Because millions of dollars that’s why.”
© Copyright 2023 Rojodi (rojodi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305914-Oct-5-Plot-Climax