*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306052-Snowy-Halloween-and-Cocoa
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by D.B.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Holiday · #2306052
31 Days of Halloween day 6
When I was very young, about four years old and we lived in Salt Lake City Utah, it snowed on Halloween. There are eight of us kids and my dad took most of us around trick'or treating. At first when we were walking around the neighborhood it wasn't snowing that hard but it started getting heavy. Still we trudged on as did many of the kids in the neighborhood as well. Snow in Salt Lake City wasn't unusual during fall and winter but there was something extra festive about the snow that night.

I liked the sound of my shoes crunching into the snow-laden ground wearing my homemade costume as I trudged along with my bag of candy. When we came to one house, the lady who lived there noticed we were getting cold and invited all of us in for cocoa. So we all sat at her big dining room table and had cocoa. It was nice to have a rest and get warm. After we finished, we all thanked her and left.

I guess I still remember that moment because it was a spontaneous act of kindness. That was in 1971 and it was a different world then.
But it was a fun moment which I hope I will never forget.
© Copyright 2023 D.B. (fishbone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306052-Snowy-Halloween-and-Cocoa