*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306053-Plot-Rising-Action-10
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Activity · #2306053
Describing how the Plot gets to the climax of the story.
Plot: Rising Action - Prep 10



Oct. 10: - Plot: Rising Action (How does the story get to the climax?) ?
Review your notes from the "Premise" and "Beginning" plot exercises and tweak the conflict(s) and inciting incident as needed before proceeding with the "Rising Action" plot exercise, as follows:

(
1) Describe any initial refusals on the part of your protagonist(s) to face the conflict.

         The protagonists and anti-heroes had issues regarding their development into becoming who they would eventually become. (They did not know where their lives were going because several obstacles were presented to each individual that the others did not know about. Only one protagonist learned his/her part to play in facing the final conflict. The two others knew that a great war was coming but did not know they were the pivotal players.)

(2) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) makes the choice to face the conflict.

         Quinn first leans he will have to face the conflict when his Da leaves his enchanted weapon and shield to him with the curse he is responsible for doing what he could not. Zast learns much later while on his quest to become a Wizard. His challenges increase in difficulty until he realizes he must duel the High Wizard to free his Tutor and save his life. Meira is trying to undo all the evil she caused while under the influence of a Demon. She still has her powers, so she is undoing what she pushed to happen. This brings her to the capital city. The three meet and plan their next steps.

(3) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) crosses the point of no return and cannot change their mind.

         While staying at a safe house, the King's guards murder the owner and his wife because they are suspected of harboring fugitives. The bar is then burned down, killing more innocent people. The three anti-heroes stayed in a run-down building on the other side of town. They were friends of the owner and wife. This action hardened their resolve to act.

(4) Fill in some blanks: How will your characters get from the point of no return to the climax?

         The anti-heroes don't know what the other can do, and Quinn and Zast are skeptical of trusting Meira because they knew he was possessed when she was possessed. They briefly share what has happened to them since last seen, and Zast shares his new name, Wizard Galvin. Both Quinn and Meira heard of him and his powers of being a Bounty Hunter Wizard. Quinn tells them of her exorcism by a powerful wizard named Danduil, and she is there to free him. Quinn tells the two about who he is, and he is here due to the curse to kill the King. All three agree to work together.
Meira and Quinn both have fighter abilities.
Zast and Meira have Magical/Spell casting abilities.
Zast and Quinn are immensely powerful in combat situations.
All three have magical weapons.

© Copyright 2023 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306053-Plot-Rising-Action-10