*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306259-Another-Jean-Darc-Stoty-Side-story-3
Rated: E · Short Story · History · #2306259
In late Nov.1420s, Adriana and L visited the ruins about 100 years ago.
※ Remembering Umberto Eco(1932.01.05 - 2016.02.19) as a writer, book worm & collector and professor.

Stat rosa pristina nominie, nomina nuda tenemus.(Consistent rose and former names, names naked.)
-Bernard of Cluny, "De contemptu mundi(The contempt of the world)"

Another Jean D'arc Stoty
Side story 3: Il nome della rosa(The name of the rose.)

No date but estimate in late Nov. 1420s, Somewhere in northern Italy mountain range.

"I never even knew this place existed...."
Adriana made surprise looks greatly and so did I.
After ordered the company and small business group waited at the village just below the mountain, we rode horse to came here. And then the ruin of big abbey met us.

"What was happened in here..."
"Heard some rumors at the village just below the mountain."
"Yes, once this place had the biggest and most beautiful library in Europe and the village people proud to work in about 100 years ago. And chaotic thing happened in the abbey,"
"The abbey wanted to cover that thing."
"Why?"
"Because the secret talks between Guelfi and Ghibellini will open in this abbey. But couldn't stop rumors."
"According to the village people, these muckamucks opened the trial and arrested, dragged some monks to somewhere."
"Right. but the case didn't finished... finally we could see like this."
Looked around the ruins of big abbey and library, Adriana nod and continued to say.

"Why this thing happened? Do L Know?"
"Well, little bit." No, in fact, I know very.
"Tell me. Just two of us in here." Adriana has long and black hair as ash hurried to say. Also she likes white color. It's a weird date but brought well. After think like this, I said.
"It's a greed... exclusive possess the knowledge alone...."
"Greed..." I nod and said.
"Too much is as bad as too little. We saw that cases so much."
"Right, but it's good that if priest Oluwabukola came with us. He could tell us another opinion,"
"Maybe." I wonder what his thinking. Because he is a priest from Orthodox church.
"Looks like this abbey is crying."
"Crying?"
"Yes, when I looked around the ancient Roman ruins near home at Spain, didn't feel like this. Doing this in here." Adriana said and swept tears by hand shyly and I felt similar feeling.
Even the ruins remained, it's a worth to come. Because this is that professor's debut work.

When we rode on horseback again and left here, seemed like hear that William of Baskerville said to Adso sadly.
"...Fear prophets, Adso, and those prepared to die for the truth, for as a rule they make many others die with them, often before them, at times instead of them."

The End.
© Copyright 2023 kimauge (kimauge at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306259-Another-Jean-Darc-Stoty-Side-story-3