*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306464-How-the-Moon-Affects-Us-Friday-the-13th
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by D.B.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Nature · #2306464
31 Days of Halloween days 12 and 13
The moon is a mysterious facet of the Universe. It doesn't make its own light but actually gets it light from the sun reflecting on it. Some people think the moon can affect our thoughts, emotions and even our health. Some teachers notice that students are more restless during days around a full moon. I've even heard one of my kids' teachers talk about this back when they were in school. Also healthcare workers and other professions that deal with the public also notice changes in peoples ' behavior during that time. I know for me personally my insomnia gets worse during a full moon. And the moon is well known to affect patterns in bodies of water

I believe the moon is very powerful if it can affect people and the environment so much. Some people make wishes during moon cycles because they believe the moon cycles are helpful to their lives in a positive way.
Of course, there is always the negative aspect as well. I believe the full moon amplifies what is already there.Not always but sometimes. And if you consider that the moon influences the tides it is not a stretch to consider it also influences us, as our bodies contain water as well. Nothing Woo-woo about it at all, it is logical and scientific.
Things like a werewolf howling at the full moon is something that we may think about this time of year, even though it is not real.
Though maybe it would be good to consider that the moon plays a bigger part in our lives than most of us realize.

Friday the 13th

It is a Friday the 13th in October. which some people may think is extra spooky. I have never been a particularly superstitious person. I was born on the 13th, so I have no choice but to like the number 13 lol. It is strange to me some buildings were made without a 13th floor. That goes to show how deep our culture is steeped under superstition and how normal it can seem. A whole horror movie franchise was made out of Friday the 13th (which seemed to be more about gore than scariness) and people carry their own beliefs about whether Friday the 13th is a particularly strange day for them.

To be honest there is so much chaos in the world that believing in any superstition seems frivolous. And one of the worst superstitions around this time of year is around black cats. I have a black cat and she can be as cuddly and sweet as any other cat. Black cats are also quite beautiful with their shining fur and piercing eyes.

While there are theories around the lore of how Friday the13th got started, ( both Biblical and pagan )it is not clear how it really got its origin. But there is no doubt Friday the 13th would make a supersitious person extra wary. Especially if it is cloudy and rainy on Friday the 13th. That would make it seem scarier to someone who already has a fear of it.

But for me, Friday the 13th is just another Friday although it is fun having it in October this year
Happy Friday the 13th.

© Copyright 2023 D.B. (fishbone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306464-How-the-Moon-Affects-Us-Friday-the-13th