*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306509-Summer-Over
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rain
Rated: E · Draft · Environment · #2306509
A heartfelt story about friendship and growing up.
6:40 am

"Are you all packed yet?" My grandmother yells from the kitchen. I look through the arch peaking into the kitchen, "almost done!" I reply yelling back at her. Me and my grandmother are visiting my aunt and cousin in California this summer. Me and my cousin have never really gotten a lot though, so this should be an interesting trip. All I can remember is the two of us fighting, we fought over stupid stuff like who would play with what toy and who would go first into the bathroom. We were young though, so maybe things will be different. I walk upstairs into my bedroom. My bedroom is full of warm lights, candles, fake plants, and lots of books. I love my bedroom, I mean I do spend most of my time here anyways. When I'm not at school at least. I pack my clothing, tooth brush, comb and other necessities into my bag. My bag is a dark shade of green and it has pins on it. On the way to California we had stopped by multiple gas stations. By multiple I mean AT LEAST ten. We got lots of snacks. I always get a sprite and a bag of my favorite crisps. The whole way to California I read books that I've not yet finished. I also studied all about turtles too. Me and Grandma were planning on getting a pet turtle after summer break so I must be ready for that. I think turtles are very interesting reptiles. Did you know that turtles grow with their shells and they cannot then leave the shells? I think that's like humans in a way. We get used to something and then we never want to leave, we can't leave that thing. I don't know, I find it quite interesting.
"Look at that!" my grandmother says with interest. I look up from my notes and gaze through the window where I see a large portion of water. I think it was a lake. It looked very pretty. The water from the lake shines brightly from the reflection of the sunrise. I then see a tiny fish pop out of the water. That was pretty interesting to see. I then look down and put my focus back into my studies.
© Copyright 2023 Rain (rainxox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306509-Summer-Over